Hardware Engineering Team Leader
Hardware Engineering Team Leader
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Hardware Engineering Team Leader you will lead a team of hardware engineers, as well as have hands on active involvement in the delivery of a mix of products ranging from low volume, high value rugged industrial workstations, to high volume intrinsically safe isolators/barriers.
Your key deliverables:
• Development and sustaining of a diverse range products including; rugged industrial workstations and intrinsically safe isolators/barriers.
• Active participation in a culture of continuous improvement, refining and defining procedures and processes to ensure good quality product meeting cost and time-to-market objectives. A Six-Sigma background would be valuable.
• Active involvement in the development and review of product designs.
• Ability to write clear and unambiguous process and product documentation for both internal and external customers.
• Ensuring the adoption of Engineering best practices.
• Technical and performance management of a team of 8 - 10 hardware engineers, ensuring the appropriate skills and capability through development and recruitment.
• Support concept/bids phase evaluation of projects with respect to task identification/estimation.
• Participation in the definition of product roadmaps.
• Maintaining an awareness of current industry trends and maintaining relationships with suppliers to make best use of emerging technologies.
• Ensuring that Design to Cost, Design for Manufacture and Design for Test best practises are followed.
• Developing and maintaining key stakeholder relationships with suppliers, customers and other parts of the organisation.
• Degree level or equivalent in Electronic Engineering discipline
• 7+ years in electronics engineering and 2+ years in people management
• Analog and/or digital electronics in high volume markets
• Strong people management skills
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to lead others to do the same.
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
• Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: EPG CHD MTL Measurement Technology Limited
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No