If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Senior Specialist– Power Conversion in Eaton’s Corporate Technology Office, based in Shanghai, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is expected to own the technology strategy and execution for broad applications within the Power Conversion team. This includes acquiring resources, funding and establishing key partnerships both internally and externally to drive technological advancement. They will be responsible for meeting the schedule, scope, cost, technical targets and report preparation for all research and development efforts under his/her control.
- Project leads are the single point of contact for the entire project. Responsible for creating, executing and tracking all the milestones for the entire project. Assigns roles and responsibilities for the project team members.
- Program lead is responsible for setting the strategy for an entire program that can encompass multiple projects. Responsible to assign project leads and technical leads for all program activities. The single point of contact to upper management for all program activities.
- Complexity at this level includes multiyear projects and multi-million dollar projects.
- Participates and presents in ideation events (Innovation Summits, Design Bursts, etc).
- Serve as principle investigator in developing and commercializing early stage technology.
- Influences the business strategy and associated product roadmaps as a result of technical expertise and reputation as trusted advisor.
- Serves as the Eaton recognized expert in a key technology area for CRT.
- Performs tech scouting for Eaton (monitoring technology landscape for the future).
- Proven track record on both success and failure of commercial early stage technology.
- Strategically identify leading external partnerships, outside technologies and best practices for multiple applications within Eaton that has cross alignment to multiple technology platforms and business strategies.
- Leads open innovation events with universities and external institutes that align with Power Block strategy.
- Serves as a subject matter expert externally and internally. This includes leadership/active participation in external industry and technical groups, mentoring junior level staff and consulting internal business and engineering partners.
- Actively contributes to and guides team members on IP generation.
10 years’ experience of power electronics applications in multiple industries, especially on drives, UPS and MV, hands on experience of product design in these area.
10 years’ experience on system architecture of power electronics products.
10 years’ experience with power electronics topologies like AC/DC, DC/DC, DC/AC, AC/AC, familiar with the designs, trade-offs and control strategies.
10 years’ experience with components of power-electronic systems (e.g. semiconductors, gate drives, bulk capacitors, inductors, transformers, bus-bars, heat-sinks, current sensor technologies, voltage sensor technologies, etc).
7 years’ experience with thermal aspects of power electronic components and how they relate to the design, packaging and lifetime of power electronic systems.
7 years’ experience in lab skills (such as scopes, DAQ, etc.) and background in power systems’ and power conversion’ simulation tools (minimum MATLAB/Simulink).
7 years’ experience with rapid-prototyping platforms and tools such as dSPACE, OPAL-RT, LabVIEW, RTDS, etc.
3 years’ experience with control algorithm implementation and verification in embedded platforms. Familiar with DSPs, MCUs and FPGAs and associated software and firmware development.
3 years’ experience with the design and analysis of magnetic components for power electronics circuits—such as high-frequency inductors and transformers—and an extensive knowledge of the materials and construction techniques and how they affect their characteristics.
Excellent English communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
Experience with EMI/EMC analysis and filter design.
Highly preferred strong technical publication and invention record.
PhD in Power Electronics is preferred, Master plus 3 years’ experience is considered as equal.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time