Engineering Team Lead
- You will act as a technical expert in the engineering and services field by exhibiting product application knowledge, and customer interface.
- You will provide coordination on service programs to optimize customer service and market penetration.
- You will answer application questions and provide sales support.
- You will assure an effective and skilled staff through recruiting, assessment of talent (find gaps and follow action plans to fill gaps), training & development, goal setting, communications, performance appraisal, and conformance to applicable company policies. Provide leadership and direction to ensure professional growth for employees and retention within the district.
- You will assure the safety of employees who work in low, medium, and high voltage work environments. Ensure strict compliance with safety policies, trains and implements safety programs, ensures safety equipment resources are available and properly tested, acts as a safety liaison with customers, ensures proper disposal of hazardous and nonhazardous materials.
- You will provide input to the profit and strategic planning processes and submit monthly operations report summarizing key events throughout each month.
- You will interface with customers, district operations, general sales force, manufacturing plants, product division management, and functional support staff.
- You will handle escalation procedures in accordance with our 24/7 service business. Makes sound business decisions on the fly when support functions are unavailable.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years leading service engineering projects or management experience.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Electrical and EESS industry, products and solutions.
- Professional Engineering license.
- Minimum 7 years of experience managing field service and power distribution projects
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time