Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Material Handler on 2nd Shift. This position is based at our Raleigh, NC facility
The Material Handler will be responsible for the ownership of material distribution, sorting, organizing, and allocation in the production area. The incumbent will need to take initiative to move needed material to the production lines based on production plan and material requests and ready material for assembler use as to not disrupt the flow of the production line. Using a RF scan gun to move and allocate material and assist and enhance continuous improvement efforts.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Taking Kit parts and components; distribute to production lines with accuracy and maintain integrity of configured kits.
- Maintaining adequate inventory levels to meet the orders from our customers through daily monitoring of inventory; also perform cycle counts and maintain inventory system as required
- Load and unload trucks and inspect material for damage
- Report irregularities or equipment malfunctions
- Assist team in achieving plant and department goals
- Adhere to all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations, and work instructions
- Drive and maintain forklifts through daily inspection checklists and perform housekeeping duties as necessary
- Use the principles of 5S+ to ensure a clean and organized work area and foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork
- A minimum of 1 year of material handling OR forklift experience.
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Degree) from an accredited institution
- The ability to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship is required
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 60 miles Raleigh, NC in order to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and be able to stand/bend frequently.
- Ability to use good judgment when handling material with a safety focus
- Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience using SAP
- Knowledge of methods used for material transactions (e.g. Requisition Forms)
- Basic understanding of SharePoint
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No