Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking an Aerospace Repair Station-Technician Welder to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Weld using GTAW on Inconel & Stainless Steel alloys having a thickness range of .020” to .112” per AWS D17.1. Certify in auto Tig welding, Seam Welding, and/or Laser welding.
- Fabricate details for tubes, hoses or duct assemblies by scribing, cutting, grinding and fitting to tight tolerances
- Evaluate, disassemble, inspect, disposition and reassemble customer field returns in accordance with component overhaul manuals and/or other approved technical documents. Perform all tasks to the FAA, EASA and CAAC approved procedures.
- Possess a clear understanding of all FAA, EASA, and CAAC approved procedures, and maintain a current knowledge of all requirements.
- Prepare a concise and accurate documentation package for every repaired or overhauled unit
- Operate CNC machines, manual lathes, and drill press to perform a sequence of precision operations such as machining, grinding, carbon boring on a variety of metal components
- Ensure quality of parts through visual inspection and physical measurement using a wide variety of hand tools and gages.
*Please note, certain duties performed by this role require this position to be subject to the guidelines of our Repair Station Certificate and are subject to DOT drug testing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years’ Tig welding experience
- GTAW weld certification for Inconel & Stainless Steel alloys to AWS D17.1
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Associates or Technical degree in machining/maintenance from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years’ Aerospace welding experience
- GTAW weld certification for Titanium alloys to AWS D17.1
- Minimum two (2) years of mechanical or aircraft engine accessory experience or Aircraft & Power Plant Mechanics license
- Understands CMM’s, S/B’s, engineering drawings and repair sketches.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- ERP experience (MFG Pro)
- Must be able to stand up to 8 hours a day
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs on a regular basis
- Must have use of both hands
- Must be able to pass vision test annually
- Requires a thorough understanding of visual weld inspection methods including use of instruments to aid in the inspection process
- Position requires advanced shop math and use of precision measuring instruments such as dial calipers, dial indicators, micrometers, and depth gauges
- Basic understanding of blueprint drawings and ability to follow detailed written instructions
- Ability to certify in Auto-TIG welding, Seam Welding, and/or Laser Welding
- Participation in DOT random drug & alcohol testing program for safety sensitive work.
- Position requires wearing PPE including apron, safety glasses, and hearing protection
- Excellent metal fitting & fabrication skills
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No