Eaton’s BLine division is currently seeking an ETO Design Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Highland, IL.
The ETO Design Engineer is responsible for developing superior designs by taking the initial customer requests in the fulfillment of special order products that require moderate to significant modifications to our standard catalog items. Supports all design, processing and manufacturing steps required for completion of those special-order products.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will utilize FEA to ensure the structural reliability with each design.
- You will use knowledge of plant manufacturing capabilities and standard costs to produce accurate cost estimates supporting the quotation process.
- You will create designs based on customer requirements using standard CAD software.
- You will interact with customers, sales, customer service and senior engineers to clarify customer’s functional needs and to offer alternative designs.
- You will translate product designs into instructions for the shop floor (bills of material, blueprints, routings, work instructions, etc).
- You will assist in resolving design issues once products are in production.
- You will be involved in seeking out opportunities to reduce product cost and still meet customer needs.
- You will update existing legacy information to current engineering and manufacturing standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future.
- Relocation is not provided. Candidates must be currently residing within a 50 mile radius of the Highland, IL site.
- Possesses very strong practical knowledge of engineering principles
- Significant shop floor experience in metal fabrication.
- Experience with SolidWorks sheet metal design
- Experience with SAP Material Requirement Planning (MRP) system and/or SAP PLM system
- MTO Designer requires a four year engineering degree with manufacturing experience is preferred.
- MTO Designer requires design proficiency with Solid Works.
- Advanced skills with modeling software.
- Ability to work on multiple products in a deadline-oriented environment, with minimal supervision.
- Able to identify and resolve production issues impacting Product design with own initiative and minimal direct supervision.
- Proficient with FEA software/tools.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time