Eaton’s Power Components Division is currently seeking a Master Scheduler to join our team.
This position is based at our Horseheads, NY facility.
The Master Scheduler is functionally responsible for the planning of manufacturing of work orders, with knowledge of component and finished goods, using capacity management, in support of the plants production requirements. Adheres to standard processes for the department as established by site leadership and/or divisional strategies.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be responsible for ensuring plant goals are achieved including on-time performance and inventory levels
- You will provide promise ship date to customers to meet their needs and review performance gaps with production management on a timely basis
- You will lead the Sales Inventory Operations Planning (SIOP) process for the plant, leveraging SIOP discipline to support plant planning processes, monitoring scheduling plan vs. actual to identify performance gaps for mid-month SIOP review/adjustment.
- You will determine and schedule material flow process: MRP, Kanban, and batch sizing
- You will review safety stock finished goods levels and build plan to ensure plant meets the required stock levels for key customers
- You will obtain information from customer service and operations for material planning and forecasting related to scheduling
- You will calibrate plant master schedule tool to align with actual capacity and monitor actual lead times
- You will formulate and administer guidelines to finished goods stocking levels, including safety stock, in support of customer contracts and manufacturing efficiency. Maintain inventory levels and dollars within established goals
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience planning in a manufacturing environment
- Authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Master’s degree in engineering, operations, business or related field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong manufacturing systems experience (Kanban, MRPII, EDI, Excel)
- Understanding of lean manufacturing concepts
- Professional APICS certification (CSCP or CPIM)
- Knowledge of ERP system (Oracle preferred)
- Solid understanding of the financial aspects of inventory management
- Knowledge of inventory control theory
- Experience with JIT/VMI procurement
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time