Human Resources Manager
Eaton’s Power Distribution and Control Assemblies Division (PDCAD) is currently seeking an HR Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, South Carolina facility.
The HR Manager will plan, manage, and coordinate all major Human Resources management programs for the company and maintain programs to insure consistent and positive employee behavior, productive employee performance, and the continuing use of sound Human Resources management principles and practices. Additional responsibilities include:
- Serve as primary non-legal technical and informational resource to counsel and advise management concerning consistent interpretation and effective application of personnel-related policies & procedures.
- Plan & oversee recruiting, selection, and employment procedures and functions.
- Plan, implement, and administer wage & salary programs to establish fair and equitable compensation levels.
- Advise and coach other managers on performance issues for both high and poor performers.
- Assure implementation and utilization of rewards and recognition programs by managers across organization.
- Manage employee assistance programs and wellness services for the company.
- Develop and implement effective safety and environmental programs for the facility.
- Develop & implement annual Affirmative Action Plans and related EEO informational activities and serve as EEO Manager.
- Administer & coordinate various employee benefit programs provided by the company.
- Design, implement, and manage a complete employee relations and communications program to build employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of human resources generalist or management experience with increasing responsibility in a progressive HR environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis now and in the future. No sponsorship will be provided.
- Masters Degree in Human Resources or an MBA.
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal employment and EEO laws, employee benefits administration, salary administration concepts and policies, employee relations and communications, recruitment and selection, occupational safety and health, and plant security programs.
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills.
- Experience performing analytics in Excel and other advanced tools and translating information into presentations and other communication channels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to develop business partnership across diverse groups and functions. Business writing expertise.
- Strong drive for results and sense of urgency; data and metrics-driven. Strong project management skills with ability to lead a cross-functional business team.
- Commitment to employee engagement and continuous improvement.
- Great organizational skills and demonstrated ability to get results.
- Excellent facilitation/ coaching skills. Strong employee relations skills with the proven ability to drive change and leadership ownership/accountability.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time