Eaton's Corporate Sector is currently seeking a Senior Manager - International Treasury Accounting. This role will be located in our Beachwood, OH facility. This role has overall responsibility for accounting, reporting and internal controls related to treasury transactions, including currency translation, derivatives, debt and cash. Key partner of Eaton’s Global Treasury organization providing accounting insight and support for Treasury strategy and initiatives. Provides proactive, insightful analysis to key stakeholders on opportunities and risks resulting from changes in accounting rules. In addition, this position manages team responsible for the accounting of corporate ledgers in the Americas regional structure including Eaton Center, Barbados, Mexico, and Canada corporate ledgers.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and develop a team of 8 professionals responsible for the accounting, reporting, and analysis of a variety of activities.
- Ensure appropriate accounting and reporting controls are in place for Eaton’s hedging portfolio, review quarterly effectiveness testing and review quarterly derivatives disclosures for SEC reporting.
- Partner with Treasury and Tax on various initiatives, including Legal Entity Simplification projects. Represent the Finance function to assess accounting and foreign currency impacts of those initiatives.
- Partner with international finance teams and controllers on various accounting issues and projects.
- Provide training and guidance to Eaton controllers on accounting and reporting of foreign exchange exposures and derivatives.
- Ensure Eaton's financial policies related to foreign exchange and hedging are up to date.
- Maintain the integrity of accounting related to foreign exchange, ensure staff are adequately trained to comply with technical accounting guidance, provide support for external audits and monitor activities to achieve timely and accurate reporting.
- Manage and review Accounting Memos prepared by U.S. and EMEA teams which provide accounting guidance to record various transactions in accordance with US GAAP.
- Manage and review reporting for Joint Ventures and Non-controlling Interests ensuring appropriate accounting.
- Provide guidance and leadership to ensure the integrity, accuracy and timely reporting for the Eaton Center corporate ledger and North America Treasury ledger. Confirm processes are conducted in compliance with Eaton financial policies and procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Bachelors degree in accounting from an accredited institution
- Minimum of ten years of accounting or finance experience
- Minimum of five years managing people
- Ability to legally work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Advanced Excel skills
- Masters degree in accounting or finance from an accredited institution
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time