• Develops new products / custom solutions / product line extensions /cost reduced product designs as assigned following the Stage gate Process
• Evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications of the standard engineering practices during development.
• Plans and drives project to conclusion, meeting performance and cost objectives in a timely fashion.
• Works closely with all key departments involved in the development of new products, including suppliers and customers to ensure projects are completed to schedule meeting the cost and performance requirements.
• Provides specialist support and advice to other team members within the department and company
• Routinely provides solutions or answers about existing product performance when issues arise.
• Generate Cost reduction / VAVE ideas on existing products
• Reports project progress on a regular basis and project results at the completion of the project
• Ensure adherence to relevant Product Certification Agency requirements.
• Ensures timely completion product Tests and Product / Process change validation.
• Reviews and Approves reports of Product Testing, Product /Process Change validation Trials, UL build reports - in a timely and error free manner.
• Maintains the test lab adhering to Eaton Electrical safety requirements and ensuring 100% uptime
• Identifies personal training needs to progress to next level.
• Manages a team of Engineers, Operators and Technicians, as assigned to him
•Communicate effectively with diversified cross functional global teams and agency representatives
|B.E preferably EEE|
|8+ years of experience in Product Development of which at
1-2 years in product certifications
|Experience / knowledge in product design, testing &
Certifications on Switchgear, HRC fuse-Links & Fusegear and its relevant
IEC & UL standards|
- Understand the basic electrical and electronic theory
- Knowledge on Product Development Process
Knowledge on SAP PLM or any other PLM and CAD software desirable
|- Good interpersonal skills, planning and analytical ability
& problem solving skill|
- Good communicator of both written and verbal information
- Deep analysis and drive result capability
- Circumspective and according fact
- Highly ethical & able to work in cross functional teams
- Collaborative working style across core team
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD India
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time