Manager SCM #071856
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Manager SCM in Eaton’s Aerospace business, based in Bangalore, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton’s Aerospace business.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Manages current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements, uses SIOP methodology
- Implements methods, practices and techniques to ensure the most economical movement of materials through the supply chain to achieve cost-effective logistics practices and inventory levels while meeting customer delivery requirements
- Manages plant purchasing activities for items procured on local basis in order to compliment centrally purchased items
- Analyzes data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepares consolidated managerial reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure plant/product line optimal supply chain execution
- Ensures correct planning parameters and transaction disciplines are utilized in order execution systems (such as MFGPro) to ensure proper order generation and inventory balances
- Manages material cost and schedule impact of proposed engineering changes in addition to taking necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering releases
- Ensures quality of shipping documentation to meet corporate financial and customer audit requirements
- Devises and manages physical inventory audit methodology which meets corporate, governmental and customer specifications
- Evaluates operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
- Coordinates with central Corporate Supply Chain Function to provide data and participate in teams in order to drive best practices across Eaton Corp.
- Support compliance initiatives and corporate commodity, logistics, and inventory strategies to achieve synergy across the operation
- Leads the implementation of lean manufacturing tools including pull systems, leveling and visual management systems.
If you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a leadership role
- CPIM Designation preferred
- Demonstrated experience using materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, supplier selection, inventory control, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
- Detailed knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
- Proven ability to get results through cross-functional teams
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time