Eaton’s Electrical Division is currently seeking a Tanking Assembler on 2nd Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Waukesha (Lincoln Ave) WI facility.
The Tanking Assembler is responsible for tanking power transformers, single and three phase, making all necessary connections to bushings, switches, etc.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will locate and move tanks, parts, and covers to assembly area.
- You will assemble bushings and current transformers to cover or tank as specified.
- You will mount core and coil in tank and bolts in place. You will also clamp cover in place and make all electrical connections to bushings.
- You will locate and assemble all accessories, such as oil level gauges, thermometer, pressure-vacuum gauge, pressure relief device, etc. to the tank as specified.
- You will check all lead clearances inside unit and assemble needed spacers and or insulating barriers as required.
- You will perform resistance testing on small pad-mounted transformers.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED) from an accredited institution.
- Must be able to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Relocation benefits not included. Only candidates living within 50 miles of Waukesha WI will be considered.
- Minimum 6 months of manufacturing experience.
- Education in AC/DC fundamentals or previous electrical
Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No