Additive Product Development Engineer
Eaton’s Fuel and Motion Control Systems division is currently seeking an Additive Product Development Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Euclid, OH facility.
The Additive Product Development Engineer is responsible for design for additive and incorporation of additive technology into the fuel pump product line. This individual will provide a fresh perspective on traditional cast manufacturing design methodology. In this role, you will integrate with an existing mature project engineering group leading the technical coordination of new product introduction as well as product improvement changes and second source / retrofit offerings to drive aftermarket growth and cost-out opportunities. Growth opportunities include adaptation of new and existing technologies to new customer applications and development of new pumping technologies to expand Eaton’s market.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support New Product Introduction (NPI) Internal Research and Development (IR&D) and Aftermarket additive manufacturing strategic initiatives for the Euclid site and serves as primary liaison to the Eaton Additive Manufacturing Center of Excellence, maintaining monthly IR&D scorecards and quarterly reviews with Eaton leadership
You will interface with customers and other external and internal functions to define the technical requirements for new projects
- You will prepare technical proposals, cost estimates and schedules for proposed additive projects
You will provide functional and technical requirements to internal support personnel, reviews design concepts and detailed drawings to ensure conformance with expectation while delivering necessary technical assistance to ensure timely receipt of development and qualification test hardware
- You will establish cost-effective test plans to demonstrate product conformance with functional requirements, including test parameters to Test Engineering group for test procedure preparation, review/approval of test procedures, and oversight of product testing
- You will provide Manufacturing Cell support related to additive components to ensure timely disposition of non-conforming hardware without sacrificing final product quality that could lead to operational deficiencies in the field
- You will utilize Design for Six Sigma and report technical program metrics in accordance with Eaton Aerospace Common Engineering Standards
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with design for additive manufacturing
No relocation will be offered for this position. Only candidates who reside within a 50 mile radius of the Euclid, OH facility will be considered for this position
This position requires the use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the international Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be US persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a US Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Experience with CATIA solid modeling
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working in Aerospace (co-op or internship applicable)
- Prior experience using and applying Six Sigma principles for design
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and web based information and documentation systems
Ability to demonstrate passion for finding alternative solutions to problems
Ability to understand complex technical issues
Ability to demonstrate self-motivation
Ability to show positive attitude towards continuous improvement and learning
Ability to work in a global, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, engineers, customers or the general public.
Ability to define problems, analyze data and draw valid conclusions that result in solid recommendations.
Ability to demonstrate a high level of energy and personal drive.
Ability to demonstrate strong project management and organization skills.
Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and technical documents.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time