Lead Product Engineer
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Lead Design Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Camarillo, CA facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be responsible for conceptual and detail design of Non-Explosive Actuators (NEA) to hold down and release payloads for space launch and munitions systems
- You will implement design improvements (cost reduction, functional enhancement, product customization) to existing products
- You will manage design history folders, Product Lifecycle Management system (ENOVIA) for the NEA product line including issuing Engineering Change Orders
- You will conduct and/or participates in design reviews, innovation summits, and design bursts
- You will provide technical support to customers, suppliers, and sales team
- You will plan and specifies product design requirements, as well as detailed validation and verification plans
- You will participate and/or witnesses testing of products
- You will coordinate the prototype manufacturing of products.
- You will conduct failure analysis examinations and prepare Failure Analysis Reports (FAR) of findings.
- You will represent Engineering in MRB and WRB activities
- You will support product transition activities, including transfer of design authority
- You will develop products using 3D CAD with SolidWorks
- You will coordinate testing activities with Engineering and Production test teams
- You will work with Sales and Marketing to develop new products based on inputs from Strategic Plan
- You will prepare/review documents including cost estimates (NRE), appropriation requests, project schedules, design and instruction specifications, operating manuals, and technical reports
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanisms, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum 5 years of mechanical product design experience in an Automotive or Aerospace environment
- No relocation benefit is being offered. Candidates must reside in a 50 mile radius of Camarillo, CA
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Master’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience in the design and development of aerospace hold down release mechanisms
- Experience with PLM systems, i.e. ENOVIA or MatrixOne
- Experience with MRP systems, i.e. SAP
- Experience using Solidworks
- Experience with stress analysis, including finite element modeling
- Experience with Design for Six Sigma
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time