Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact.
We make what matters work.
To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
We established Eaton’s EMEA Business Service Center in 2015 where more than 600 people are working on what matters. Our mission is to provide high value services to support internal and external customers across Eaton’s Electrical, Hydraulics, and Corporate functions in EMEA.
Join our EMEA Logistics team as Global Trade Management/ Customs Analyst and utilize your customs related experience by ensuring accuracy and integrity of tariff classification and country of origin data and by prepring and tracking long-term supplier declarations.
You will make a difference by:
- Executing FTA solicitation and qualification, ensuring all necessary documentation is retained to ensure full compliance; Ability to fully explain the rules of the FTA to internal customers, detailing why a particular item qualifies or does not qualify for the FTA.
- Carrying out classification projects, including working with engineering and procurement, to ensure Eaton items are properly classified for import and export.
- Trade support work to include providing certificates of origin, specific FTA documents, and receipt, coding, and arrangement for the loading of GTM vendor receipts for approval.
- Identifying situations and events where formal communication is necessary; works with others to consider communication approaches; assists in the development of messaging.
- Produce reporting for the tasks performed, provide updates to relevant teams and escalate issues where necessary.
Your experience matters:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Fluent English language capabilities Three to five years in logistics / customs / trade compliance (or similar) experience desired.
- Willingness to learn customs related specific rules
- Proficiency in product classification, origination, and valuation skills is preferred.
- Experience in EU customs regulations is preferred
- Knowledge of EU member states import and export regulations, HS classification rules and valuation laws is preferred
- Familiarity with Customs BTI rulings is preferred
- Microsoft Suite skills
- Possess excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Able to work within tight time constraints
- We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for you
- We ensure health, wellness, safety and work-life balance for you
- We invest in you for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- We offer career advancement opportunities for you
- We value diversity, join our passionate team
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of ability testing as part of the recruitment process.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time