If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Lead QA Test Engineer-Automation based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
Defines test strategy, develops detailed test plans, specifications, test cases, and test data sets that validate functional, performance, and load test requirements and update existing test procedures based on requirement changes and test analysis
Develops, execute, and maintain extensible automated tests; skillsets in Python, Java, C# required.
Designs and implements robust, scalable, high quality Test Automation Suites within a Continuous Integration and Deployment environment to improve quality and productivity of functional, regression, and system tests.
Leads and participates in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture, and detailed design documents; interacts with Management, Architects, and other Leads in a one-to-one or one-to-many meeting format.
Analyze test results, and identify, document, and report root causes for test failures by working with the development team and the defect tracking system.
Communicates technical concepts and information to internal staff/peers and stakeholders; strong verbal, documentation, and interpersonal communication skills required.
Identifies opportunities for process, tools, and test methodology improvements, and drives those from concept to implementation.
Validates official customer product releases and takes responsibility for the end-result
Generate ideas and innovative solutions which will provide competitive edge to business products.
Develop, Review and Sign off work package consisting of documentation like design verification test plans etc.
Think creatively and come out with new proposals and present them to stakeholders.
Develop design guidelines, best practices and lessons learnt documents and shares with peers and team.
Actively participates in paper presentations, tech talks and external university forums.
Estimate work load, establish and maintain project schedules and monitor progress through the project execution phases
Ability to drive QA test automation with a team of engineers both locally and remote.
Contribute to team’s technical growth by engaging in technical discussion and mentoring.
Search for technologies which would improve product performance, reduce development time or reduce cost
Active communication with the cross functional team to ensure schedule, cost and performance alignmen
· Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in engineering in Electronics/ElectricaMinimum 12+ years experience with 3 years in people leadership role
· 9+ years of experience in Software development & Test or Test tool development with proven track record of validating high quality products.
· 2+ years in a Team Lead role directing the tasks and work.
· 3+ years of development experience in Python or C#.
· 3+ years of experience with network-enabled communications protocols, message queues, and databases.
· Worked on defining and implementing System Automation Test Framework for 2+ projects.
· Experience with Test Complete or selenium for system level testing.
· Experience with creating and defining test plans and test cases for embedded and application software for real time controls at system level.
· Proficient understanding of Source Control software and Code Collaboration tools (Git, SVN, etc.); experience with Issue and Project Tracking software (JIRA, TFS, etc.).
· Experience working in an Agile SCRUM development lifecycle.
· Proficient in Data Driven testing approaches.
· Understanding of relational database design and testing against SQL Server.
· Experience developing software testing harness/tools for Linux environments and Windows applications; experience writing integration tests for Continuous Integration and Deployment frameworks.
· Experience with SCADA communication Protocols (DNP, MODBUS, IEC61850 etc.)
· Thorough understanding of automation frameworks and RESTful Web API testing.
· Extensive experience with JUnit, Pytest, TestNG, MSTest or similar build and unit testing frameworks.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills,Problem solving skills,Working in ambuiguity, process management
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only