Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Supply Chain Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Mississauga, Ontario facility.
The Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for the successful administration, planning, and execution of all lighting quick ship orders Canada wide. In this role, you will be responsible for applying the appropriate knowledge, skills, tools and techniques required to manage/create processes and leverage the necessary resources to successfully purchase material and manage inventory levels the Supply Chain Specialist acts as the lead and owns all aspects of purchasing such as vendor liaison activities, clarifications, implementation of change orders, coordinating delivery schedules and working with all aspects of operations, pricing and finance to insure the order is completed. Additionally, this position will track overall inventory and will be responsible for implementing continuous improvements to the overall inventory management process on an ongoing basis.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will establish clear set of project goals; prioritize demand, sequence of activities and a detailed schedule Quick Ship Canada Production Cell.
- You will coordinate with various functional groups to manage PO creation and change notices (i.e. quotes, sales, customer service, controls, supply chain and operations).
- You will provide ongoing monitoring and communication of deliverables to various stakeholders at the agent, distributor, contractor and end-customer locations.
- You will develop and maintain dedicated inventory levels to insure 98%+ on time delivery for key account projects.
- You will escalate/communicate as needed on any delays in the supply chain.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.html
Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship now or in the future.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 80 kilometers of Mississauga, ON, Canada facility will be considered.
Electrical Distributor and Contractor experience
University Degree in Electrical Engineering from and accredited institution.
Purchasing experience in a manufacturing or operations environment.
- Knowledge of SAP
Inventory Management experience.Position Success Criteria:
- Must have a strong technical aptitude and experience with MS Office
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with customers via the phone, e-mail and other written and verbal communication mediums.
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, and a desire to actively contribute to the group’s success.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong professional presence.
- Team player
- Problem Solving Skills - Ability to quickly diagnose customer issues and resolve using internal and external resources
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No