Eaton’s BLine division is currently seeking a Product Engineer-VA/VE to join our team. This position is based at our Highland, IL facility.
As the Product Engineer - VA/VE, you will be responsible for identifying and implementing VA/VE (Value Analysis, Value Engineering) projects that optimize product cost and offer greater value to our customers. This is a role that will provide the opportunity to work cross-functionally with other business areas including Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Quality Control, and Operations. It will require you to have ambition, drive, strong engineering fundamentals, with enthusiasm in the product design and cost arenas. A highly entrepreneurial sense of urgency along with a passion for the industry is desirable. A strong drive to grow both personally and professionally is ideal for this role.
You will possess the capability to align product growth with the overall strategic game-plan as well as have the competence to complete the day to day tasks. The position will allow you to demonstrate your ability to drive innovation from ideation through production using PROLaunch and Six Sigma processes, identification of product adjacencies, identification and execution of cost savings initiatives through VA/VE & product rationalization. The position will require you to be highly proficient in project management and documentation with the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel with enabling rapid development of new design concepts.
The incumbent will be focused on VA/VE for all products manufactured and sourced at B-Line. Execute multiple projects simultaneously from concept through to launch. You will play a critical role to increase efficiency, customer service, safety, and quality.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will identify and execute cost out projects to drive Value Analysis Value Engineering (VA/VE)
- You will plan, Coordinate, and Execute VA/VE Cost-Out events
- You will maintain and upgrade existing products, provide technical guidance, and work across the B-Line Division
- You will product design and analysis of mechanical and structural components/systems using SolidWorks.
- You will prepare cost comparisons, BOMs, ECOs, documentation packages, and organize team reviews
- You will assist with 3rd party certifications, develop and test prototypes for new product ideas and VA/VE ideas and create product specifications
- You will partner with quality assurance to establish product quality standards consistent with the needs of the market
- You will partner with other functions (sales, marketing, operations, etc.) to ensure VA/VE goals are achieved
- You will create and maintain project development plans and utilize Eaton’s Pro-Launch Process for project management and design criteria
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Experience with Solidworks
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future.
- Relocation is not provided. Candidates must be currently residing within a 50 mile radius of the Highland, IL site.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong understanding and ability to use Microsoft Excel
- Production experience (Manufacturing Engineer, Continuous Improvement, Floor Supervisor, etc.)
- Experience working in a global business environment
- SAP Knowledge
- Demonstrated creative thinking and problem solving
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Strong written/verbal communication
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time