Eaton’s Electrical Products Group division is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Watertown, WI facility.
As an integral part of the site leadership team, the HR Manager will identify, develop and deploy business-driven HR strategies designed to attract, manage, develop, motivate and retain key employees, while creating a high-performance and sustainable organization, capable of achieving business objectives. This HR professional is accountable for the direct oversight, operational support, and management of all elements of HR including, but not limited to: performance and talent management, positive employee relations planning/communication, employee development, succession development and execution, employee engagement and compensation/benefits.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will understand the business strategy and identify opportunities to improve organizational capability and drive appropriate culture change.
- You will assess gaps between current and desired organization performance and deploy appropriate actions, including organization redesign, process change, coaching and training. Ensure organization practices align with Eaton Values.
- You will administer employee relation’s policies and procedures that are responsive to the needs of employees and customers with a focus on Eaton’s Leader Profile.
- You will coordinate the recruitment, selection and promotion process of candidates to fill all vacancies.
- You will drive a mindset and focus on talent management and acquisition across the facility.
- You will develop the bench strength necessary to move the business forward by promoting, developing and retaining key employees.
- You will drive employee communication efforts to ensure positive employee engagement and enhance communication within the workplace.
- You will ensure that fair and competitive performance appraisal, employee development and compensation systems are maintained and utilized to accurately assess performance and reward excellence.
- You will direct the development of a wide variety of employee relations activities, including employee recognition events, award programs and communication vehicles/channels.
- You will ensure compliance with applicable employment laws and maintain current knowledge of new laws and legal trends affecting HR-related activities and functions.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 4 years of Human Resources experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or Business with a minor or specialization in Human Resources, or other relevant degree.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum four years of professional level experience in a progressive Human Resources environment.
- 2 years of Human Resources Generalist experience in a manufacturing setting required.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time