Assembler (2nd Shift)
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Coupling Assembler 2nd shift. This position is based in our Beltsville, MD facility.
Our Beltsville, MD manufacturing facility is home to 450+ passionate and creative team members. Our products power hundreds of military and commercial aircraft platforms with a focus on improved reliability, weight reduction and fuel efficiency. Components & products developed at our location are used for the Mar’s Rover, protecting the Declaration of Independence, and keeping passengers cool and safe as they travel to their favorite vacation destinations. Eaton’s comprehensive portfolio sets the industry standard for engineering excellence, customized solutions for today’s industry needs while developing new technologies for next-generation aircraft designs. If you’re looking for work that is engaging, exciting, and meaningful then join us and contribute to making what matters work.
The Coupling Assembler is responsible for assembling metal coupling components. Core shift for this position will be Monday - Friday from 3:30pm – midnight.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will perform minor set-ups and operate multiple machines, to execute a sequence of operations such as turn, drill, and bore a variety of metal components. You will set up and operate bulge rivet machine to assemble retainers
- You will conduct the following operations: reaming, inserting hammer drive screws, peening operation and assembling hardware
- You will conduct ATP testing to requirements. Utilizes QC Info software to view test specifications, set-up test fixture and perform ATP testing
- You will perform channel coating on parts to requirements as called out on the routers
- You will set -up and operate laser marker, understand customer requirements as called out on PMI sheets and perform hand marking operations
- You will identify, locate, and kit hardware necessary to assemble retainers
- You will be capable of interpreting technical drawings in accordance with standard shop practices.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of facility (50 miles) will be considered
- All positions require use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in arms regulations. All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S.Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Minimum of one year of assembly experience
- Minimum of two years of manufacturing experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Must be able to use the computer
- Read and comprehend specifications, engineering drawings and manufacturing routings
- Position requires exposure to oil, dirt, and heat
- Must wear safety glasses, ear plugs and steel toed shoes for entire shift
- Ability to stand, sit, move 8-12 hours a day
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs on a regular basis
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No