Senior Human Resources Specialist
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a member of the EMEA HR Corporate & Electrical Functions Team, the Sr. HR Specialist actively participates in the implementation of the team’s HR strategy, collaborates closely with the team’s HR Business Partners and internal customers, and is responsible for the coordination of key administrative and tactical HR activities in Switzerland by leveraging on centralized resources (e.g. HR Services, Centers of Expertise) and field HR partners.
You will have responsibility for providing Compensation & Benefits (C&B), payroll, labor law and HR administration coordination for the EMEA Headquarter and sites in Switzerland. You will work within our world class HR Team in our Morges Site and will engage with all our employees in Switzerland (around 220).
Your key deliverables :
· Compliance & Governance: Ensure Eaton’s internal processes, country laws and applicable labor relations requirements are communicated, understood and complied with within Switzerland.
· Compensation & Benenfit: Act as Subject Matter Expert for all Compensation & Benefits matters related to EHQ and Switzerland, including the management of payroll, merit, bonuses, equity, social security, pension plans, insurances, brokers, authorities requirements, internal / external audits, data integrity, data protection, etc.
· Payroll: Ensure complete and timely information is provided to outsourced payroll provider and that payroll is handled in a timely manner with zero mistakes (only employees in French speaking Switzerland for now, 120 people). Ensure end year pay slips, equity statements, reporting requirements, insurance and social security closings are correct and handled in timely manner. Lead the implementation and continuous improvement of payroll integration and time tracking projects.
· HR Administration:
o Ensure and continuously improve efficient overall HR administrative support to Morges & Le Lieu sites, with HRS (HR Service) support, for the entire contractual employee life cycle, in collaboration with the HR team.
o Manage company cars, AMEX process, work permit requests, work authorization requests for bank holidays, work certificates, accident declarations, unpaid leave, onboarding program, personal announcements, the New Employee Orientation (NEO) program, entity transfer agreements and education assistance, ensuring alignment with Eaton policies and practices, and performing audits on these processes on a regular basis.
o Manage international mobility of employees, assist with relocation support and expatriate related activities, including liaison with outside providers.
o Establish timely reporting from various HR systems/programs, such as Performance Review, and HR Management System.
o Maintain electronic and paper files, payroll records, follow-up sheet and all filing systems in order to retrieve employee information for reports or any other specific need for information. Ensure Data Protection compliance and HRMS data integrity.
o Coordinate the end of trial period evaluations, schedule meetings with HRBPs and confirmation letters.
· Employee Relations: Partner with team members to handle employee personal requests and issues in a customer-oriented and efficient manner. Work within policies and guidelines. Expert and advisor on Swiss labor law aspects, payroll and insurances.
· Communications: Set up, continuously improve and provide internal written HR communication at the EHQ and produce HR related presentations for internal and external purposes.
· Change agent: Champion organization change to facilitate alignment of human capital plans to the business and HR strategic plan. Drive culture change to align the organization with the strategy. Participate in change projects as required
· HR Services (HRS): Support the HRS implementation project, drive continuous improvement and maintain close relationship with HRS on all processes impacting Switzerland.
· Team: Collaborate with the team of Corporate & Electrical HR Business Partners and Generalists to optimize / leverage standard work and support across the functions for items such as wellness, I&D, communications, Leadership Development, HR Services etc. Drive continuous improvement within the HR Corporate & Electrical Functions Team and deliver on assigned projects
Do you have / Are you?
· Bachelor’s Degree in HR or equivalent HR certification
· >7 years’ experience in multi-national HR Operational environment across EMEA
· Proven experience in HR administration coordination and payroll management
· Expert theoretical and practical knowledge of Swiss social security and Labour Law
· Experience in partnering with leadership to create and drive tactical HR, in coaching and advising executives on business-critical issues
· Experience in driving organizational, cultural and continuous improvement changes in a matrix organization
· Fluent English mandatory. French strongly preferred. Other European language a plus
· Strong organizing and prioritizing skills
· Customer service orientation
· Excellent verbal and written communication, decision-making and interpersonal skills
· Extremely detail-oriented and possess the ability to follow through on projects until completion
· Strong drive for results, initiative and pro-activeness
· Willing to learn and develop personally and professionally
· Exposure to the manufacturing and power management industry
· Prior experience working with Oracle HRMS
· Ability to work independently and as a team player
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
· Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
· Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time