Power Electronics Engineer MCB (m/f/d)- 071671
Location: Vienna, Austria
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more watching this video
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
This function is responsible for developing Power Electronic Hardware for Miniature Circuit Breakers (MCB), using the latest Electronic and Power Electronic Technologies.
Your key responsibilities:
- Performing technical feasibility studies for new functions, products and applications
- Providing high level technical skills in Power Electronic design (analogue, Power Electronic Switching, Driver Circuits)
- Performing and supporting design and calculations of electrical aspects (Design For Six Sigma)
- Designing and simulating electronic circuits and drawing electronic schematics
- Preparing design and test documentation, as well as technical information and storing it in databases
- Building up prototypes, arranging and supporting the manufacturing of test samples and initial production runs
- Leading safety, climatic and endurance tests both internally and with external test houses to ensure CE conformity for our products
- Technical College (HTL), further technical studies in Electrical or Electronic Engineering is a plus
- At least 3 years of experience in the field of Electronic Hardware Development
- Knowledge of Power Electronics, Electrical Switch Gears, Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC)
- Deep knowledge of analogue simulation, digital prototyping (e.g. PLECS, SPICE, Matlab)
- Practical Skills in designing power electronic circuits, especially AC and DC high current, high voltage switching technology
- Fluent in English and German language skills preferred
- Good team player and able to work in an international team setting
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PDD Power Distribution Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No