If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Manufacturing Engineering Manager in Eaton’s Aerospace business, based in Singapore.
The role requires you to be based out of Batam 5 days a week in our Aerospace plant. Accommodation is provided in Batam.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Develops technical capabilities in engineering control and oversight for the plant to support customer, governing body and EBS requirements.
- Identifies and closes technical gaps in the organization in support of the strategic and operating plans. Focus on reducing operating cost (Cost Out).
- Manages Manufacturing Engineering and Project Management resources.
- Identifies opportunities and prepares proposals for new projects in support of business growth goals. Evaluates product transfer opportunities for business and technical fit. POC for internal and 3rd party customers.
- Supports business growth for the site through deployment of project management and engineering resources. Represents the site on technical and new business matters.
- Advises operations on product and process design.
- Develops and enhances capability in tool design, manufacturing process, product transfer and engineering control and oversight.
- Plans capability development and product line extension projects, coordinates resource allocation with functional managers and oversees project execution
- Achieves margin targets through pricing negotiation and through the deployment of manufacturing engineering resources to optimize process yield and minimize cost
1) Manufacturing engineering –
- Lead a team of engineers for the day to day operations.
- Responsible for the technical and the engineering/quality solutions to the production.
- Mechanical & Machine engineering solution and innovation
- Machining process – NC & CNC
- Automation, Digital manufacturing & Industry 4.0 knowledge
- Lean manufacturing and 6-sigma application
Project Leadership / Ownership
2) Product transfer –
- To initiate and coordinate the product transfer from within the Eaton aerospace plants as a low cost manufacturing base
- Work with the existing team and manage a transfer project from the beginning till qualification stage. Identified the resource requirements including manpower skills / the equipment / Capex investment / materials and logistic preparation
- Develop new process capability to support continual product transfer
Capex and Equipment Engineering
- Evaluation and Selection of equipment
- Financial and costing payback knowledge
If you are:
for this position are:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Manufacturing Operations, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent professional qualifications. Candidates with a Masters Degree in a relevant discipline would have an advantage
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment in a MNC organization with at least 5 years in a managerial capacity
- Possess relevant experience in project management, manufacturing process continuous improvement, process troubleshooting and investigation and familiar with problem solving tools such as 8D
- Possess knowledge in common CNC machining process such as turning, milling and grinding
- Excellent communication, negotiation, problem solving, decision making and project management skills
- Strong leadership and motivational ability as well as an excellent team player
- Task and Result orientated
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
Candidates with Six Sigma Green belt and above certification will have an
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time