Eaton’s Aerospace, Fuel Motion Controls Systems Division is currently seeking a Buyer to join our team. This position is based at our Irvine, CA facility.
The Buyer will be responsible for the purchase of materials and services, obtaining maximum value in terms of price, quality and delivery. Plan material flow to insure minimum investment while insuring high levels of support to Program Managers. Support purchasing team in a coordinated effort to manage exceptions and achieve plant, division and individual goals and support strategies and issues related to plant operations.
- Participate in the implementation of purchasing strategies to support Air Frame production schedules while controlling costs
- Communicate material quality and delivery change requirements to suppliers in an MRP environment
- Drive plans to obtain department and division cost improvements and objectives
- Participate in problem-solving efforts to resolve rejections, supplier corrective actions and receiving paperwork issues
- Coordinate material requirements with production schedules, customer requirements and provide feedback to scheduling and management as required
- Participate in supplier reduction program
- Engage in continuous improvement activities
- Proactively resolve supplier invoicing issues
- Attend daily production meeting to provide material parts status
- Create RFQ’s and place purchase orders to support material demand requirements
- React to MRP messages to ensure material supply is aligned to system demand
- Proactively resolve Supplier quality issues that may arise
- Prepare material status sheets, milestones, schedules and presentations as required to support new program meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in supply chain function
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Supply Chain
- 3+ years of experience in material replenishment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time