Senior Planning Analyst
Eaton’s Hydraulics Group is currently seeking a Senior Planning Analyst to join our team.
This position is based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
The Hydraulics Materials Analysts work as part of the Central Planning Team (CPT). The CPT is a key part of the overall Fulfillment cycle, responsible for Replenishment Execution. The CPT provides a centralized service to a group of sites, ensuring that they have the correct amount of material on hand to meet end-customer demand.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will participate in the replenishment design for suppliers. This include review/approval of the replenishment model selections, calculation and revaluation of min-max, management of discrete planning parameters, MRP PFEP settings, etc.
- You will analyze and monitor the MRP forecast for his/her group of suppliers. Provide feedback to the SIOP process to improve the SIOP and MRP forecast.
- You will monitor the daily activities of suppliers and the needs of the Eaton sites to ensure that replenishment is supporting customer demand.
- You will support the SIOP Supply team by monitoring supplier capacity for key suppliers, ensuring that the suppliers are aligning current and future plans to the SIOP forecast and elevating issues/concerns.
- You will support the Logistics team by monitoring adherence to established logistics carriers/lanes, providing feedback on the proper function of the lanes, and identifying cost out opportunities. Treat any expedited freight scenarios with the utmost urgency while maintaining disciplined use of standard carriers and providing root cause feedback to minimize recurrence.
- You will monitor external warehouse inventory and provide feedback to the suppliers and Eaton on the inventory levels and inventory targets.
- You will monitor the all consignment inventories to ensure compliance to the consignment agreement, including inventory levels, product age, etc.
- You will establish and maintain effective communication linkages with the sites that he/she serves to ensure that the site has a voice in the replenishment design and maintenance.
- You will establish and maintain effective two-way communication linkages with his/her suppliers to ensure that both sides have all required information to maintain a healthy supply chain.
- You will maintain a proactive and disciplined approach to serving the sites that he/she serves, maintaining constant coverage and being responsive to all requests and needs.
- You will support all change management activities impacting his/her sites and suppliers. This includes new product launches, restructuring, cost out transitions, supplier site closures/moves, ECN, MPS, etc.
- You will support the Procurement team by ensuring compliance to established commodity strategies, providing feedback on commodity strategy improvements, and identifying materials cost-out ideas.
- You will support the Procurement Team by monitoring and assisting in closing payment holds, managing the AP 12/13 interface.
- You will promote Eaton’s Ethics and Values, monitoring supplier compliance to our policies and personally acting as an ambassador of Eaton in all actions and communication.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED and 10 years of experience in one or more of the following areas; Supply Chain, Materials Management, Logistics or Manufacturing OR
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution and 3 years of experience in one or more of the following areas; Supply Chain, Materials Management, Logistics or Manufacturing
- Ability to work in the United States without Sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management
- APICS CPIM certification
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with consumption based replenishment; Min-max, Kanban, etc.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with MRP master data management
- Minimum of 1 year of Manufacturing or plant experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Understanding of the SIOP process steps: Forecast, Demand, Supply, Consensus, Executive
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and team work skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and document complex business processes and systems.
- Understanding of SIOP, Inventory management, scheduling, capacity planning, & materials replenishment,
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time