Eaton’s Power Delivery division is currently seeking a Plant Controller to join our team. This position is based at our Nacogdoches, TX facility.
The Plant Controller serves as the finance business partner to the plant manager and leadership team, in providing financial leadership to the operations in the planning and execution of business goals and objectives. This hands-on leader manages the financial performance of the facility including: driving results through management of daily, weekly and monthly operational performance metrics, planning, forecasting, reporting, analyzing business drivers, risks & opportunities, and administering internal controls. The controller builds organizational capability by regularly engaging others within the plant, educating, and developing financial acumen of the management team and supervisors. The ideal candidate is an action-oriented critical thinker, attentive to detail, skilled in driving process improvements, who demonstrates the drive, business acumen, and interpersonal skills to deliver results within a complex manufacturing facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will establish, monitor and maintain a system of internal controls that safeguards company asset and provides for integrity and propriety of financial transactions and activities. Interpret, implement and monitor corporate policies and procedures, ensure financials are reported in compliance with Eaton financial policies and US GAAP, and maintain SOX controls.
- You will develop and lead plant profit plan and monthly forecasts, including development and alignment of plant objectives and deployment of top-down goals.
- You will manage the deployment of cost saving projects and other programs to drive cost out, improve productivity, and reduce working capital, and increase profitability and operating cash flow. Monitors and provides regular feedback on productivity and cost out metrics and drives accountability to deliver results.
- You will provide direction to operations and leadership teams in pursuit of business goals and objectives. Proactively identify, quantify, and manage risks & opportunities.
- You will manage, analyze, evaluate and interpret plant financial forecasts and operating results. Inform management of results and recommend corrective actions to address unfavorable trends and variances.
- You will review analyze and evaluate financial data and information for accuracy, consistency, and transparency. Maintain integrity of financial reports prepared by the plant.
- You will establish strong relationship with peers across the operations and functional finance teammates within Eaton
- You will provide leadership to ensure adequate cost accounting processes are in place, including standard cost updates, physical inventory verification, periodic cycle counts, etc.
- You will evaluate plant capital appropriation requests, prepare financial models and business cases through collaboration with cross-functional team, and present investment requests to management to secure funding. Monitor and report purchase commitments and spending for all capital programs. Conduct follow-up audits to ensure compliance for all significant capital investments.
- You will own account reconciliation process to maintain integrity of plant general ledger and its supporting sub-systems. Assess adequacy of reserves (E&O, warranty). Ensure adequate training and oversight is provided to all involved personnel to ensure processes and account reconciliations meet Eaton’s requirements.
- You will ensure that the appropriate plant quality policy and Eaton Business System (EBS) are implemented in the finance function. Ensure all finance responsibilities are defined and communicated throughout the plant with specific responsibilities and appropriate timing. Ensures the deployment of finance standard work.
- You will foster an environment which promotes Eaton’s goals, values and philosophy, encourages continuous improvement and builds customer relationships.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Accounting/Finance
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- SAP and Hyperion HFM skills
- Strong financial analysis, planning, forecasting and reporting experience
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- CPA or CMA
- Solid working knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Working knowledge of pronouncements of external regulatory bodies: Financial Accounting Standards Board, SEC, IRS, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.
- Leadership and sense of urgency: ability to drive to positive results in a complex environment.
- Data-driven, disciplined, objective, and detail-oriented
- Acts as a business partner; sees the big picture and works through ambiguity and change
- Exhibits managerial courage in defending a position and working under pressure
- Superior analytical thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong experience developing people
- Effective interpersonal skills with customer service, front line leaders, managers, and other stakeholders
- Advanced computer knowledge with MS Office Applications
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time