Eaton’s Fuel & Motion Control Systems Division (FMC) is currently seeking a Manager, Reporting & Analysis to join our team. This position is based at our FMC headquarters in Fort Worth, TX.
The Manager, Reporting & Analysis is a senior Finance position and team member of the Fuel and Motion Controls (FMC) Finance Leadership Team. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all financial planning, reporting and analysis. The FMC is a global organization with annual sales of $1B. This position has responsibility for the consolidation, reporting, and analysis of 9 operating locations in the United States and United Kingdom and produces consolidated financial summaries and analysis for senior management. In this role, you will plan and co-ordinate the preparation of strategic plans and profit plans. You will mentor and be a consultant to the plant controllers on reporting and analysis activities. You will manage the FMC Divisional headquarters budgets. In this role, you will also manage 2 direct reports.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Complete understanding of operating in a global environment, and the complexities of FX reporting and impacts. Consolidates complex financial statements and performs FX and operating variance analysis for all locations.
- Oversees and coordinates all financial reporting for the division to ensure on-time and accurate reporting of the plants and the consolidated numbers.
- Produces detailed consolidated financial summaries and commentaries for actual and forecasts, highlighting the key performance aspects of the Division.
- Coordinates and is responsible for the preparation of the annual strategic plan and profit plan financials for the division.
- Provides financial analyses, interpretation of variances from budgets, and advice to management including analyses and forecasts to evaluate alternative courses of action.
- Works with the division controller to ensure compliance with US GAAP, Eaton policy and SOX requirements.
- Ensures implementation and compliance with all government procurement regulations including the development of forward pricing allocation submissions.
- Participates in projects and / or provides onsite support to plant controllers as required. This might include involvement in profit plan preparation, one-off analysis, SOX reviews, preparation of major CAR’s etc.
- Owns the Division Ledger including forecast and actuals, maintenance of the control environment for the Division office to ensure the balance sheet is correctly stated, all expenditures are properly authorized, CAR’s are raised etc.
- Deputize for the division controller as required (including participation in staff meetings and onsite plant business reviews as needed).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 5 years of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment, including the preparation of the monthly P&L and balance sheet
- Minimum 2 years of direct leadership experience
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- MBA or CPA preferred
- Plant controller experience in a small to medium sized plant
- Working knowledge of DFT, Oracle GL, Oracle Projects, Oracle FA & Encore a plus
- Experience successfully functioning in a complex matrix management environment.
- The Mgr. Reporting & Analysis is responsible for all finance related activities within the FMC Division Office location which include, but are not limited to, general accounting, budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis.
- The Manager, Reporting & Analysis is expected to be available to attend and actively participate in Aerospace level, Division level, and Plant level strategic planning sessions/meetings, Division Leadership meetings and scheduled Finance related on and offsite meetings, conferences and teaming events.
- Participation in the personnel functions of the FMC financial organization, including selection, hiring and training of personal reporting to the Mgr. Reporting & Analysis, as well as utilizing Eaton’s APEX system and conducting mid-year and annual performance reviews and appraisals.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and basic knowledge and understanding of US Government contract accounting, pricing, and costing.
- Experience working with integrated ERP systems (MFG PRO knowledge preferred). Expertise in the normal desktop software packages (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time