Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Lead Software Developer / Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Midtown, GA or Peachtree City, GA facility.
The Lead Software Developer / Engineer will join our progressive and dynamic enterprise software and cloud development group. This is a hands-on development role that will directly contribute to the development and expansion of our cutting-edge cloud connected internet of things (IOT) and standalone product applications and offerings.
We are looking for a talented and creative problem solver. You will be working in a dynamic and fast paced team environment with the latest technology and tools, using your software engineering skills to deliver new products. You will be involved in the complete development life cycle, seeing your design evolve from a specification into a finished product. Detailed technical collaboration with the full cross-functional development team will require strong, ongoing communication. Maintaining our market leading position will challenge your creativity and design skills
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will help evaluate and develop various applications using various front end, back end, and cloud technologies.
- You will work closely with product management and other design team members to understand the business needs, propose and develop end to end solutions.
- You will display excellent hands on technical and communication skills with a proven track record of delivering positive results.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline form an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience with web-based applications.
- Minimum of 1 year experience producing/consuming web services
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of Midtown GA, or Peachtree City, GA
- Minimum of 1 year experience with Angular 2+
- Minimum of 1 year of hands-on experience with Core Java
- Minimum of 1 year experience with Spring Framework
- Experience leading software teams in an onshore/offshore model
- Experience with Microsoft Azur
- Experience with revision control systems, preferably Git
- Strong understanding of Agile Scrum principals
- Familiarity with UI/UX principal
- Working knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL technologies
- Working knowledge of REST API design
- Expert knowledge of best practice software engineering methodologies, processes, and technologies with a passion for programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge of object-oriented programming and design principles.
- Expert ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to follow directions
- Ability to articulate and promote software development best-practices
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time