Eaton Research Labs, located in Menomonee Falls, WI, is currently seeking a Program Manager to join our team.
Eaton’s Research Labs has an exciting and rewarding position of a Program Manager to initiate and lead innovation programs, develop business cases, lead customer relationships, present ideas and projects to Eaton business leaders and external customers. A unique blend of broad technical knowledge and strong business acumen is required to be successful in this position.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Manager, Research Labs PMO and will primarily support government research and development programs.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Lead the execution of innovative materials, mechanical, power systems, power electronics and power conversion technologies systems-based programs based on breakthrough technologies for electrical, industrial, automotive, truck, and aerospace applications.
- Be responsible for the successful execution of the Research & Technology programs within their scope, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural globally distributed teams.
- nsure proprietary and customer provided controlled information is managed and protected as required.
- Initiate, lead and support global technology programs utilizing Eaton’s internal AgileStarts™ framework including Technology Reviews, and Project Reviews.
- Establish objectives and goals and provides direction to the project team members in areas of project execution, customer concerns, changes in scope and risk assessment. Communicates and manages customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
- Maintain and report applicable metrics for programs, e.g. quality, technical performance, and readiness levels (technology, commercial, manufacturing).
- Coordinate communications channels with customers that will ensure the exchange of information relating to product characteristics, quality, delivery and service.
- Manage stakeholder relationships with Business Divisions and externally (Universities, National Labs, End Customers)
- Assist in developing technology/solution visions, compelling value propositions for key technologies, technology and product roadmaps to enable market commercialization.
- Manage procurement processes for subcontractors, project materials
- Manage required Non-Disclosure Agreements with customers, vendors, partners.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering field from accredited institution is required.
Minimum 5 years of experience in managing projects and programs with multiple stakeholders and high degree of complexity, including components/subsystem/system scope of responsibility, high risk, and significant NRE budget.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without Company sponsorship.
No relocation offered; candidate must reside within 50 miles of Southfield, MI. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Master's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
Experience with Microsoft Project.
Experience with Agile methodologies.
Project Management Professional (PMP) license through Project Management Institute (PMI). Not essential but nice to have. Depends on years PM experience.
Experience in managing government projects (DoE, DOD).
Experience with new product/technology development projects.
Proven track record of achieving program execution results through robust quantitative program management techniques.
Thinks, acts and solves problems with a customer focused mentality.
Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
Collaborative orientation. The ability to succeed in a highly team-oriented environment.
Self-motivated and goal oriented individual.
Demonstrated strategic thinking, drive for results, and managerial courage.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time