Maintenance Technician- 3rd Shift
Eaton in Amarillo, TX is looking for a full-time Maintenance Technician to work 3rd shift.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will install equipment/machinery.
- You will perform preventive and predictive maintenance on plant equipment.
- You will troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- You will complete/maintain maintenance logs and associated documentation.
- You will maintain and secure tools and repair equipment. Maintain/clean work areas.
- You will communicate equipment/plant status as required.
- You will operate a variety of lifts etc.
- You will perform other duties as assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years industrial maintenance experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Amarillo, TX will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Associate’s Degree or Technical Certification in an industrial maintenance or related discipline
- 5 or more years of industrial maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in metals fabrication
- Advanced skills in one or more of the following: Hydraulic & Pneumatic Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, PLC troubleshooting and repair.
- Familiarity with waste water treatment
- Computer literate with Windows and MSOffice as well as industrial software.
- Capable of welding, pipe fitting, rigging
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to modify or program PLC’s and HMI’s
- Able to stand on feet continuously during shift and able to lift 50 lbs without assistance.
- Requires PPE to include safety glasses, steel-toe shoes, leather gloves and hearing protection (as required in high noise areas).
- Environment exposure includes sharp objects, pinch points, oil.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and parts breakdown.
- Able to utilize hydraulic schematics, pneumatic schematics and electrical schematic
- Dexterity required for operating equipment, machinery, and computers
- Able to lift 40# routinely.
- Able to work in various locations including heights.
- Possess working knowledge of equipment operations, tooling, machining operations, and product.
- Familiarity with safety standards such as electrical safety, arc flash, and lock out/tag out
- Familiar with basic mechanical principles
- Possess basic knowledge of shop machine tools
- Familiarity with DC and AC power up to three phase 480 volt AC.
- Able to read ladder logic and utilize PLC for troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, and controls issues
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No