Director - Office of Chief Engineers (OCE)
Job Title: Director– Office of Chief Engineers #071609 (#LI-AL1)
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Director – Office of Chief Engineers in Eaton India Innovation Center, based in Pune, India.
In 2003, Eaton embarked on a journey to set up a best-in-class innovation center in Pune – the Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC). The center has completed more than a decade of growth and has emerged as a major technology research, new product development and sustaining engineering center for Eaton’s global customers.
EIIC has opening for ‘Director” to head the newly formalized “Office of Chief Engineers”. This position is part of EIIC core leadership team and reports directly to the VP-Technology & Head of EIIC. This individual will be responsible for setting up the “Office of Chief Engineers” at EIIC and provide leadership to the engineering and technology group to elevate engineering excellence to the next level
Your Essential Responsibility:
- Drive Engineering Excellence: This individual will strengthen the rigor for the core engineering value creation processes, such as the phased gate approach to develop new product introductions, Design for Six-Sigma, Reliability, and Agile project management methodologies.
- Conduct Technical Reviews: Under the leadership of this individual, the team will be accountable for conducting in-depth technical reviews and sign off the recommendations.
- Support Intellectual Property Controllership: The individual will be leading governance and controllership of Intellectual property protection processes like IP Audits, ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation), EAR (Export Administration Regulations) at EIIC.
- Leadership to CoEs: Responsible for providing leadership to align CoEs line with core engineering value creation process to drive engineering excellence. The scope of the CoEs include Center for Digital Proto & Twins, Center for Reliability & Safety Engr., Center for Intellectual Property and Center for Sustainability.
- Build the team: Responsible for identifying the technical subject matter experts (SMEs) to form a core and functionally reporting team.
- Strengthen technical documentation: Develop and implement a structure for updating technical documentation (e.g. design practice), and sign-off.
If you are:
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in Mechanical / Aerospace / Electrical / Systems / Controls Engineering / Computer science or equivalent technical field from accredited institutions.
- Certified in Design for Six Sigma and/or Reliability discipline.
- 13+ years of engineering/technology development experience in relevant domain for the new product/technology introduction.
- Expertise in applying Design for Six Sigma & Reliability methodologies during their work and hands on experience in using these methodologies for industrial product engineering and technology teams.
- Proven track record of delivering technology concepts through to commercialization is desired.
- Possess strong business acumen and the ability to understand and formulate compelling value propositions.
- Proven track record for IP generation and publications in reputable peer-reviewed journals is desired.
- Proven track record of building organizational capability and talent through effective recruiting, training, coaching and development.
- Experience in effectively coaching and mentoring senior leaders/direct reports.
- Experience in leading projects with multiple stakeholders in matrix organization and strong project management experience is required.
- Consistently acts in an ethical, open, honest, trustworthy and truthful manner.
- Demonstrated leadership effectiveness in a global setting.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, drive for results, and managerial courage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in dealing with management, employees, customers and suppliers. Executive level communication and presentation skills.
- Position requires up to 10% travel domestic and internationa
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time