Senior Engineer-Embedded Systems Quality Assurance
Job Title: Senior Engineer #065794
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward toSenior Engineer in Eaton’s , based in Pune, India .
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is will be responsible for identifying appropriate project performance measures per stakeholders’ expectations, collect and analyze the data to identify process improvement opportunities. You must be proficient with current embedded systems development methodologies, tools and practices, process improvement frameworks i.e. DMAIC, DFSS, lean and capable to transfer best practices across projects and businesses.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Establish project quality assurance plan in line with product requirements and applicable safety standard(s) for complex projects; Evaluate other project plans i.e. ( Development plan, verification plan, configuration plan etc.) to ensure faster delivery with zero critical defects.
- Plan and conduct process oversight activities (compliance audits, process reviews, etc.), follow-up audit observations to closure, and provide status updates vis-à-vis oversight activities for enabling the management to obtain visibility into the health of processes employed
- Contribute to the org. wide effective and efficient process definition in line with Eaton businesses and industry standards.
- Conducts various process trainings and coach to project team members and other quality engineers at ongoing basis to ensure effective implementation of processes.
- Work directly with stakeholders, engineering, and to external auditors to create high quality and safety compliant products that solve customer problems.
- Propose and provide innovative, competitive technical solutions which can make significant business impact and provide value to stakeholders.
- Participate in various SWEC Engineering activities i.e. in-process reviews, CCB activities, conduct configuration management audits, Participate and present the Quality function related artifacts in various external audits including ISO 9001:2015, ISO 26262, and Auto SPICE.
If you are:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science /Electronics/Electrical Engineering
Master’s degree in Computer Science /Electronics/Electrical Engineering
7+ years of experience in the process definition, deployment and managing improvements cycles in Embedded Systems Hands on experience on implementing process frameworks i.e. Auto SPICE, CMMI, ISO9001:2008, or AS9100C etc.
2+ years’ experience in performing process quality assurance activities in ensure compliance to various safety standards i.e. ISO 26262, DO178C, DO254B, IEC 61508, ARP4754 in complex projects
- Must possess good understanding of terms and concepts like QMS, Process Improvement, Causal Analysis, Estimation, Project Management, Risk Management, SDLCs, Reviews, Defect Management, Configuration Management.
- Strong data analytical problem solving skills; Well versed with structured problem solving methodologies i.e. PDCA, DMAIC, 8D etc.
- Experience utilizing best practices in software engineering.
- Exposure to an Agile methodology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts.
- Strong problem solving and reasoning ability, exhibiting technical innovation and creative solutions.
- Abreast of upcoming software development/engineering tools, trends, and methodologies.
- Good judgment, time management, and decision-making skills
- Experience in using various process definition tools i.e. Method park, Rational Method Composer, Visio etc.
- Exposure of various defect/Issue management tools i.e. JIRA, ClearCase, ClearQuest, Requirement management tools i.e DOORS, JAMA etc.
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt, Certified ISO Internal Auditor or Trained ISO 9001 Lead Auditor or CSQA
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time