Engineer SCM Sourcing
Engineer SCM Sourcing #071601
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Engineer SCM Sourcing in Eaton’s Electrical business, based in Pondicherry, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton’s Electrical business.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Take the responsibility for strategic sourcing management goals of the company and implement action items to ensure that those goals are achieved.
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost model (should cost method)
- Knowledge in Should cost for Sheet metal and machining process, incoterms, import logistics and taxation.
- Knowledge in EMS parts & Magnetics
- Implement supplier agreements/contracts when beneficial by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions.
- Develop a supplier management program with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives
- Drive the Localization, Cost Saving projects, VAVE.
- Improve the supplier process through Continuous improvement projects
If you are:
- BE - Mechanical
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Should costing, Electrical & Electronics Parts, magnetics, PCB & PCBA, ISO requirements
- Good in English communication, Negotiation skill, MS office
- Taxation, Import logistics
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD India
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time