Category Manager - Direct Source
Eaton‘s Corporate Division in Budapest has an opening for a:
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. Find out more watching this video .
The purpose of this position is development and deployment of the category strategy for the EMEA region to drive optimal cost and conditions (commercial, quality, delivery).
The ideal candidate will develop market knowledge and technology expertise for category in order to provide support for the Product Line Management organization in the region. The role manages a multi million dollar category spend, including development, deployment and management of all related contract matters.
The role will collaborate with other functions (operations, quality, logistics) in the region and globally with procurement for any new product roadmap as well as solving any existing problems and to prevent reoccurrence.
- Create and deploy category strategies for Direct Source products, across divisions: Strategies developed and agreed / aligned with Divisions
- Optimize supplier base to drive the best cost and commercial conditions, quality and delivery performance
- Drive Global Sourcing solutions for category strategy. Work closely with Procurement organizations in APAC and US: Target common sourcing strategy for direct source products.
- Provide commercial and supplier expertise guidance to the Product Line organization: Have contracts signed with all supplier.
- Support New Product Line Roadmap to drive optimal cost for the whole organization in the region in line with short, medium and, long term strategies.
- Support Supplier Development, Quality and Supplier Quality Functions, and if necessary lead, any quality actions / discussions with suppliers to solve existing quality problems
- Monitor category supplier base performance: PPM / OTD
- Initiate and Monitor progress for any design optimization activities with suppliers and IDEAS (Innovation Drives Excellence, Achievement and Savings -our internal cost reduction and process improvement program )
- University degree (Masters degree preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of supply chain / procurement experience
- Previous specific Commodity Management/Strategic Sourcing Experience considered an advantage
- Fluent English, German language is a plus
- Experience with negotiating Master purchase agreements as well as brand label contracts.
- Strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to converse with diverse group of stakeholders including senior management, Product Line Management and Supply Chain Management personnel
- Sound knowledge and experience in successfully deploying commodity strategies and driving cost-out through disciplined Project Management.
- Desktop Analytics (MS Excel skills are a necessity)
- Demonstrated Problem Solving Skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time