Job Title: Associate Engineer - Test Lab - Hydraulics#71588
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Associate Engineer - Test Lab - Hydraulicsin Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role will be responsible to perform testing and provide assistance to engineering personnel to setup, install and on-time completion of accurate product and /or system testing in accordance with specific test procedures as defined by the Corporate Research & Technology team and hydraulic product engineering functions together . The position requires to :
a) Perform installation of mechanical setups: sound knowledge of hydraulics
b) Perform test setups in completion of specific and standard test processes for Hydraulic test stand
c) Complete test requests according to specified test requests with minimal down time
d) Implement corrective actions to test setups as required by established lab procedures or test requests, or when performance falls below acceptable limits
e) Coordinate with research & engineering teams appropriately to clarify purpose of testing and the results of ongoing tests
f) Organize, maintain and retrieve data from a master data-base, which would be generated with large amount of test-data & simulation-data
g) Take ownership of small projects, develop custom fixtures & continuously improve skill set
h) Maintain close liaison with other technicians to standardize lab practices within group and with other groups in facility to ensure a safe working environment
i) Maintain close liaison with other technicians to standardize lab practices within product group and with other groups to complete test projects with a high degree of quality and efficiency
j) Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the test lab that is a showpiece for customer visits. Continually work to improve the presentation of the lab for this purpose
Your essential responsibilities:
1. Analyzing mechanical assembly issues related to hydraulics components is most preferred. Additional experience in Transmissions / clutch / engine will be an advantage
2. Troubleshooting elementary product and test rig issues, and performing data analysis required by the product group
3. Understanding of data acquisition systems, hardware and software that are being used for testing
4. Ability to fix any minor issues with test rigs and lab and work with his peer engineer to improve or develop any new methods solving the issues
5. Reading and Creating fixture drawings using Auto CAD / Pro Engineer
6. Articulating and generating good technical reports based on test observations
7. Train and monitor fellow technicians and drive completion of tests in prescribed time frame
8. Work with engineers within group to define and perform custom testing as requested by customer
If you are:
· BE in Mechanical or Automotive engineering with 0 to 3 years of relevant work experience
· Execute tests as per test procedures
· Awareness of testing basics i.e. test rigs, data acquisition, inspection etc.
· Experience in assembly and tear down of systems
· Safety & Quality Management Practices
· Experience on fault identification and propose corrective actions
· Clear understanding about sensors, electronic components of DAQ & control software i.e. LabVIEW etc.
· Drive for Result
· Has a strong bottom-line orientation
· Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks
· Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully
· Pushes self and helps others achieve results. Strives to achieve results efficiently and can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
· Demonstrates commitment to the safety, security, and well-being of employees
· Proactively identifies risks, hazards, and threats and takes appropriate actions to resolve them
· Provides appropriate resources, skills, and management talent to improve safety
· Uses annual planning to set goals, plan, and monitor progress throughout the year. Adheres to Safety policies and ensures safety of self and others in the facility
· Gains insight into customer needs
· Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer
· Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations
· Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships
· Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information
· Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions
· Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles
· Recognizes when a quick solution will suffice. makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
· Relates comfortably with people across levels, functions, culture, and geography
· Acts with diplomacy and tact
· Builds rapport in an open, friendly, and accepting way
· Builds constructive relationships with people both similar and different to self
· Picks up on interpersonal and group dynamics. relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport
· Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels
· Attentively listens to others
· Adjusts to fi t the audience and the message
· Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization
· Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Communicates effectively at different levels
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time