HR Technology Leader
Eaton is currently seeking a HR Technology Leader. This position is based at our Beachwood, Ohio corporate offices.
Come lead a key enabler of the HR function – the team that manages our HR technology systems and processes. HR technology supports the entire lifecycle of events for Eaton employees and connects other Eaton systems to important employee information. This leadership role drives our digital journey, brings technology to life in how we work, delivers the Eaton employee experience and optimizes our HR processes and services with automation.
- You will co-lead the global direction for HR systems strategy & footprint, governance, process design, architecture, HR data stewardship, technology support and configuration management -championing the strategic plan for HR technology and the ongoing operations and support – partnering with IT on alignment and integration with the overall Eaton IT strategy and footprint
- You will have direct leadership and responsibility for Eaton’s HR Technology (examples include: Oracle HRMS/Self Service/Compensation Planning/Reporting/Recruiting, Case Management, Robotics Process Automation, Learning, Performance Management, Digital Files, and incorporation of ongoing investments in technology), HR security, and the technical integration of HR data with downstream systems, processes, and vendors including Payroll, Time & Labor, Workforce Planning & Analytics and other Eaton technology platforms.
- You will partner with the HR COE’s, IT, Finance, and others to support the solution architecture and roadmaps for the HR systems and integration and security & management of the HR data.
- You will serve as process lead and owner for efforts such as defining and evolving solutions for self-service, contingent worker process, GDPR, multi-platform technology language strategy and implementation and employee headcount.
- You will partner with HR Planning & Analytics and HR Reporting on all aspects of leveraging HR information for decision making and processes.
- You will champion user experience and ease of use for all HR technology.
- You will offer input to solutions/projects/real-time issues for other focus areas such as risk management, internal audit, financial controls, compliance and regulatory efforts.
- You will govern and oversee major projects and strategic change initiatives managing impact analysis, cost and benefit estimation/ROI for the business case, risk assessment, and resource planning either personally or though subordinate managers and technical team members.
- You will directly lead a team that is globally organized, with team members in five different countries including direct and functional team members with full responsibility to engage the employees and develop enhanced capability across all team members
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 15 years leading in a technical field with both transformation and operations experience and large project portfolio management responsibilities
- Experience with driving continuous improvement across global technology, processes and services
- Experience implementing, managing, and supporting HR systems and support and/or HR business or consulting experience
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- MBA or additional advanced degree
- Exposure to ERP systems and/or large-scale system integration
- Reporting & analytics expertise
- Hands on technical experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Championing strategic direction and aligning team capability with the growing/complex footprint to optimize management of daily support operation demands
- Experience with regional and global operations including managing, coaching and developing a global team
- In-depth experience with financial budgets, portfolio management, resource planning and other management processes
- Vendor management and delivering results through matrix teams and partnerships
- Ability to evaluate business processes and strategies and to develop and support business goals and objectives in a cost-effective manner.
- Broad knowledge of information technology capabilities and characteristics, software languages and applications, data base technology, communications hardware/software, standards and procedures and data security techniques.
- Management/administrative knowledge including project management, cost estimating, testing, audit processes, change management, budgeting and cost management.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time