Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking an Office Coordinator to join our team. This position is based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
In this customer facing role, you will build and maintain relationships with visitors and employees of our Eden Prairie office. We expect you will ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and promote collaboration as the in-house expert of office coordination. You will be the first point of contact for the Eden Prairie Hydraulics HQ and be responsible for coordinating facilities activities in partnership with Environmental Health and Safety (EHS).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Manage the reception areas to ensure effective communications, both internally and externally to maintain a professional and friendly image. Welcome and assist visitors, manage visitor badge system. Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations, such as distributing building access cards, desk keys, communications, etc.
- Manage event logistics – assist with catering requests and meeting room reservations. Hold ultimate responsibility over ensuring clean and well-equipped office space, manage conference room layout, arrangement and housekeeping of the facilities.
- Responsible for the maintenance of office equipment, including mail metering machine, copier/printer machines, etc. Negotiate the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions, and manage supplier relationships in these areas. Handle facility issues to maintain a pleasant working environment. Coordinate the maintenance and alteration of office space and equipment.
- In partnership with EHS, take actions to make the office compliant with Eaton safety guidelines and city, state, or federal law. Manage and track all facilities inspections and licenses. Manage, track and coordinate completion of facilities tickets. Ensure proactive communications with regards to facilities concerns.
- Participate in a wide-range of company projects and events, including EHS activities and act as the MESH element champion for various elements for our site.
- Participate in special projects, such as planning for office expansions/moves. Manage any central filing systems and document retention policies. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a professional setting
- No relocation is being provided for this role. All candidates must live within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN
- Microsoft office skills
- Telephone skills
- Technical communication skillset
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Multi-Function Executive
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time