Eaton’s Electrical Product Group is seeking a Team Lead – Power & Control for its Crouse-Hinds Division. The Team Lead – Power & Control position will be located at its Windsor, CT facility.
The Team Lead will be a working group leader in the Power & Control area and will need a strong electrical/mechanical background in order to lead the production cell and assist in safety, quality, delivery, and development within the production cell.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
Drive safety culture by facilitating safety initiatives & providing required training to team
- Perform duties including:
- Department scheduling and manpower assignments
- Production reporting and monitor hourly production boards and follow up on interrupters to production (including entering work orders into Maximo)
- Lead shift start Huddle Meetings
- Represent the department in daily production meetings
- Perform required audits (LPA’s, etc.)
- Ensure department monthly safety training is completed at 100% on time
- Ensure safe work practices and reports safety incidents (near misses, incidents, recordables)
- Perform minor maintenance and troubleshooting
- Drive and consistently demonstrate 5S
- You will coach team members for safety, quality, productivity, or any other performance issues
- You will track & execute production training requirements – ensure cross training
- Participate in GEMBA walks – provide updates & review daily needs for workforce; and help lead Kaizen/CI/RIE events & document improvements
- Provide effective communication to production employees of site information such as safety items, business objectives, schedules, HR related items, etc.
- Assist in the design of new product related to production cell & capital projects
- Complete inventory & production order transactions within production cell
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution is required
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years within a manufacturing environment
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years electrical/mechanical experience
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Windsor, CT will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or Supply Chain Management from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years leading mechanical/electrical assembly production team
- Strong Excel experience
- Lean manufacturing training
- Strong knowledge of SAP
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD ALP Airport Lighting Products
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No