Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As the Lead Product Data Analyst you will introduce, reinforce, and harmonize product data management processes across Life Safety Division, thereby enabling standard product data system strategy. The position is responsible to support deployment of standard tools around product lifecycle and customer-facing interfaces (Eaton.com, Product Data Hub, Enovia).
By measuring and improving data quality, the position reduces data inconsistencies and increases data completeness. The position ensures that the division supplies data expected by customers in an appropriate form. Finally, the position ensures that the product data is consistently managed during the NPD processes and throughout the entire life cycle of the products.
Your key deliverables:
1. Manage Life Safety Division product master data across the Life Safety Division platforms, across the key systems (SAP Un1ty, PIM, and Enovia) and across the key functions (Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Engineering, and Finance).
2. Champion the introduction of a concerted approach to data management in the LSD division enabling the division to proactively publish data to all customer-facing interfaces (Eaton.com, Order Center)
3. By deploying best practices, progressively increase the data governance within LSD while ensuring compliance to internal and external data regulations and policies.
4. Enable the division to identify and make use of possible cross-platform- and product-line synergies to better support Eaton’s segment focus.
5. Be knowledgeable about the mostly country-/market-specific product ranges of the product lines in the platforms.
6. Facilitate the introduction of the Order Center e-commerce platform within the division working closely with the divisional marketing team, product lines and the country sales organisations. Implement a governance process to control product availability in this online platform
7. Prepare the Life Safety organization for the substantial changes that will have to be managed during the transition to new systems, encouraging the sharing of best practice and process standardisation across product lines.
8. Maintain product data metrics to report data quality across the Safety platform. Work closely with the Project Management organisation to ensure data requirements are met during every NPI project (product specification data, product images, data for environmental reporting etc)
9. Structure accountability amongst the system users who are modifying the master data in the ERP and PIM systems. Build data governance processes to maintain the availability and integrity of product data using support from the Data Management team in Pondicherry
10. Ensure the Life Safety division continues to support initiatives such as ETIM (data for wholesalers) and BIM (data for construction projects) to be able to proactively respond to customer data requests
• Education level required: Bachelor’s Degree
• Relevant years and area of experience required.
• Technical knowledge: Engineering / IT Systems / Business Analysis
• Soft skills IT literate, planning, self-motivated, facilitating cross functional teams
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Contract in fast growing global company
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
• Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time