Job Title: Program Manager-Aerospace #071495
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Program Manager (Aerospace) in Eaton’s industrial business, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is a part of Aerospace group and the employee will be responsible for the successful execution of New Products Introduction and VAVE/Cost out projects for Aerospace business at Eaton India Innovation Center.
- Lead the Integrated Product Team(s) to drive stakeholder satisfaction, continuous improvement and life of the program financial performance by managing new Product development and cost out VA programs and business relationships
- Manages the Lifecycle Financials of the New Products Introduction program(s) and projects for Aerospace FED business. Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for every project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
- Execute IPT leadership across the Project(s). Seeks team input to promote rapid resolution to issues. Provides feedback on performance indicators.
- Establishes objectives and goals and provides direction to the project teams in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment.
- Manage effective customer communications. Improve organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Communication & manage customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
- Ensure standard program management processes are utilized and adequate support to the project team by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
- Provides monthly project updates (Project Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of the current situation relating to milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the business units as well as divisional, and group levels.
- Plays a key role in developing business proposals and executing the overall program plan.
- Controls efforts and expenditures within limitations of project budget responsibilities.
- Work closely with Engineering and Manufacturing teams to ensure timely deliverables on project related issues.
- Leads the creation of the integrated project plans & schedules, project budget in partnership with the team and the organization. Manage, forecast, collect cost and report on project budget / schedule.
- Bachelors in Mechanical/ Production engineering.
- Min. 5 years’ experience in Program Management and/or Product Development Management with a total experience of 6-8 years
- Experienced in New Product Development (NPD) programs preferably in Aerospace industry with knowledge of product life cycle of aerospace products or related experience
- High proficiency in preparing and managing schedule using Microsoft Project software
- Leadership skills - capability to lead change in an Integrated Team (IPT).
- Developing to fully demonstrating in Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools
- Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (CAPM or PMP) highly recommended
- Good communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and global stakeholders
- Some experience in Risk Management
- Good analytical skills and business acumen
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time