Supply Chain Manager
Eaton’s Power Distribution Assemblies Division is currently seeking a Supply Chain Manager to join our team. This position is based at our El Paso, TX facility.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for planning and managing the plant material resources to optimize investments and maximize growth in the sale and manufacture of products produced, while minimizing the costs. This involves leadership, goal setting, and direction channeling of the materials function and coordination with all other functions. In this role, you will ensure alignment with Eaton, ES and ESSB SCM strategies and value-added deployment to support improved performance during Plant Startup and going forward.
You will develop and lead the plant to take action to achieve an aggressive cost and expense improvement program.
You will direct and coordinate all functional personnel to continually achieve a high degree of professional performance.
You will manage the timely receipt of quality cost competitive materials or services to support a high degree of operation productivity, customer satisfaction, and market share growth.
You will communicate and interface with plant manager, his/her staff and others in and outside the operation, concerning all matters that affect the wellbeing of the operation when related to the materials function.
You will manage the continual flow of all components or assemblies to other division locations to assure their uninterrupted operation.
You will manage all transportation activities and direct the utilization of lowest cost carriers or modes providing maximum service.
You will manage inventory assets to minimize investment and maximize utilization through Continuous Improvement Framework and Materials Management Tools (MRP, Procurement Method Analysis, etc).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within Supply Chain/Materials Management.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Must demonstrate strong experience in supervision and/or managing people.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and inter-relationship with other areas is required and includes complete knowledge of the purchasing function, including negotiations and contracting.
- This position requires expertise in allocation, budgeting and administration.
- The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator and possess the ability to effectively work with a team to achieve success.
- Master’s Degree in Business (Supply Chain focus preferred).
- Expert level experience and skills with forecasting, MRP and inventory control and material planning systems (Mapics).
- APICS Certification
- Transportation, or Business Law.
- Previous experience in supply chain for a large manufacturing company (engineered-to-order experience a preferred) business.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: PDD PDAD Power Distribution Assemblies Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico