Job Title: Senior Engineer- Should Cost #071387
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Senior Engineer Should Costin Eaton’s Global Supply Chain Management COE, Pue
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
The should cost engineer will be responsible for the development of part and product cost estimates working within a specialized team within the Eaton Global Supply chain COE. The work will be process based, will deploy analytical models, and will involve close collaboration with business stake holders and subject matter experts.
Your essential responsibilities:
· Build part and product costing models using internal and external sources of information
· Run relevant software models to generate cost estimates
· Validate cost estimates based on experience and working with subject matter experts
· Maintain and update a database of cost components
· Subject matter expert for a specific type of component or commodity, ideally Castings, Forgings and Machining is the primary requirement and basic knowledge about Plastics and other Mechanical categories.
· Up to date with advances in manufacturing technology
· Produce concise summary cost reports from large amounts of data
· Manage at a project level, initiatives requiring multiple cost inputs
· Work collaboratly and be able to communicate effectively globally
· Run should cost analysis and understand key cost drivers for long-term, sustainable cost reduction
· Collaborate with teams to drive strategic portfolio negotiations
· Ensure projects meet their financial goals
· Work with cross functional team for expertise/technical leverage for should cost analysis
If you are:
- Bachelors in Engineering with 6-8 years of experience OR Masters with 4-6 years of experience in Should Costing
§ Experience of product and component costing
§ Expertise in should costing for Castings, Forgings and Machining good knowledge of commodities such as Stampings, plastics (parts and assemblies).
§ Exposure to latest processes and technologies like 3D printing is preferred.
§ Should have worked in analyzing Total Cost of Ownership of products.
§ Reporting and Analytics – Should have good experience on data analysis, report preparation and presentation to senior leadership.
- Proficient in Design for Manufacturing Analysis (DFM), procurement processes, PPAP and GD&T, different types of raw materials & commodities.
§ Knowledge of statistical tools like Regression analysis etc. for target costing
§ Know how to utilizes and apply project management tools and techniques for procurement applications
§ Should be an expert user of one of the should costing tool (Costimator, aPriori, Facton, PriceSystems)
§ Hands on experience of using CAD tools (AutoCAD, ProE, SolidWorks)
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
§ Ability to communicate clearly & effectively in person , via e-mail and over phone
- Sense of urgency Quick response to deadlines
§ Executing activities and working autonomously with minimal direction
Demonstrated ability to develop and execute project plans while delivering financial goals
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time