Senior Engineer - DfMA
Job Title: Senior Engineer - DfMA #071385
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Senior Engineer - DfMA in Eaton India Innovation Center’s (EIIC), based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) within Eaton Research Labs (ERL).
Proactively carry out DfMA (Design for Manufacturing & Assembly) related engineering activities by close working with Design Engineering, Manufacturing Plants and Supply Chain teams as part of product design life cycle through active participation in design reviews. The technology manager will actively collaborate with global technology managers across the research labs and businesses in identifying, managing and advancing electrification technologies in the industrial businesses of Eaton. He/she will be responsible for meeting the schedule, scope, cost and technical targets for all research and development efforts under his/her control, as well as developing and managing relationships with Eaton business leaders and stakeholders. The manager will be responsible for building organization capabilities, hiring right talent and developing existing talent in line with Eaton’s needs in the area for EMH systems.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Leads interactions with Design Engineering, Manufacturing Plants and Supply chain teams to examine Design for Manufacturability & Assembly in support of existing products and introduction of new products & technologies.
- Carry out Manufacturing feasibility studies for NPD (PROLaunch) and VA-VE projects.
- Drives & guides Product cost estimation & bench marking studies for NPD (PROLaunch) and VA-VE projects.
- Participates in Design reviews and Design release process to provide manufacturing sign-off before design is released.
- Establishes key contact as liaison between EIIC Design Engineering and Manufacturing plants & Supply chain organization for respective business group.
- Drive standardization and sharing of learnings and best practices across businesses.
- Assess feasibility to create manufacturing process capability entitlement database for identified model plants
- Actively seeks out various training and professional development opportunities to keep current with latest manufacturing trends to champion adaptation of new technologies.
If you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering required; Master’s degree focusing Manufacturing Technology preferred
- Min 6-8 years’ relevant experience in manufacturing engineering; or a combination of manufacturing engineering and Product Design & Development
- Hands-on experience and expertise related to manufacturing processes is a must – Sheet metal, Plastic molding Machining, Casting, Forging, etc. Expertise related to Sheet metal & Plastic molding is preferred.
- Proven experience with new product development and product launches
- Ability to perform/support “Design to Cost”, Product cost estimation/optimization, Should costing etc. Hands-on experience using any should costing tool is a plus
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles, structured problem solving tools, Six Sigma (DFSS & DMAIC), Engineering Change Management (ECM) process and ERP system
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to work cross functionally within all levels of the organization
- Good analytical skills and business acumen
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time