If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Senior Engineer-DfMA based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Leads interactions with Design Engineering, Manufacturing Plants and Supply chain teams to examine Design for Manufacturability & Assembly in support of existing products and introduction of new products & technologies.
- Carry out Manufacturing feasibility studies for NPD (PROLaunch) and VA-VE projects.
- Drives & guides Product cost estimation & bench marking studies for NPD (PROLaunch) and VA-VE projects.
- Participates in Design reviews and Design release process to provide manufacturing sign-off before design is released.
- Establishes key contact as liaison between EIIC Design Engineering and Manufacturing plants & Supply chain organization for respective business group.
- Drive standardization and sharing of learnings and best practices across businesses.
- Assess feasibility to create manufacturing process capability entitlement database for identified model plants
- Actively seeks out various training and professional development opportunities to keep current with latest manufacturing trends to champion adaptation of new technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering required; Master’s degree focusing Manufacturing Technology preferred
- 8-10 years’ experience in manufacturing engineering; or a combination of manufacturing engineering and Product Development
- Extensive hands-on experience and expertise related to manufacturing processes is a must – Machining, Casting, Forging, Tooling/Gauging, Sheet metal, Plastic molding etc.
- Strong experience with new product development and product launches
- Ability to perform “Design to Value/Cost”, Product cost estimation/optimization, Should costing etc. Hands-on experience using any should costing tool is a plus
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles, structured problem solving tools and Six Sigma (DFSS & DMAIC) is required
- Knowledge of Engineering Change Management (ECM) process and ERP system
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to work cross functionally within all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time