Direct responsibility for Manufacturing.
Accountable for Plant throughput, on-time performance, quality, and productivity.
Leads efforts to improve quality and cost of all products, processes and services of the operation.
Manages according to the Eaton Philosophy.
Assure ISO 9001, ISO 140001 and EHS compliance plus drives for continuous improvement in safety, environmental impact, workplace organization and cleanliness.
Develops subordinates to optimize their performance and their personal and professional growth.
Assures proper training and development of manufacturing associates at all levels.
Makes sure all departmental and individual goals are directly aligned with overall plant goals.
Establishes a good working atmosphere with strong ethics and establishes a good working relationship with the union.
Assures continuous communications and employee participation throughout the organization.
Fosters teamwork between departments and within the department.
.Address unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, and hazards in respective work area(s), and evaluates the ensuing corrections(s).
Complete assigned action items on EHS action plan; Participate in EHS risk/ergo analysis for departments; Report to maintenance any energy spills; Achieve near misses/gemba goal and close them on time.
Support and/or participate on Continuous Improvement Activities such as: Kaizen, Ideas Programs, cost out and/or demonstrate improvements in goals year over year in our processes or practices aligned to achieve or business goals and/objectives.
- Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading people or project teams.
- Proven leading teams skills.
- Strong knowledge in the areas of manufacturing processes, quality assurance, plant engineering, production/materials planning, SPC, problem solving methods, root cause analysis and systems applications.
- Knowledge in MFGPro Preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Position Success Criteria :
- Thinks and Acts Strategically
- Gets Results
- Builds Organizational Capability
- Demonstrates a Leadership StyleOther Competencies
- Strong ethics and professional presence required
- Negotiation skills and experience with suppliers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Sense of urgency
- Proactive and organized.
- Teamwork player
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time