Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Eaton’s Vehicles division is currently seeking a to join our team. This position is based at our Querétaro facility.
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for execute & maintain APQP Engineering & EBS.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Maintain & improve current manufacturing processes to produce parts to specification.
Actively participate in business review process including corrective actions to make an immediate impact to business results.
Lead & get the engineering requirements into the Pro-launch process.
Champion multi-disciplinary teams in activities related to quality/manufacturing issues.
Reduce high-risk priority numbers in manufacturing PFMEA’s. Lead cross-functional teams to make process improvements.
Actively participate in business review process including corrective actions to make an immediate impact to business results
Determine and follow up tooling and equipment matrix assuring successful launches.
Follow up key events and champions scheduled reviews with multi-disciplinary teams to assure proper equipment build and validations.
Perform additional functions as required
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
QualificationsRequired (Basic) Qualifications:
- Timely equipment transfers & new product startups
- Cost savings, including scrap reduction
- FTA improvements& PPM reduction
- Manufacturing expense control, including maintenance, repair, & operating supplies
- Capital spending
- Timely troubleshooting & resolution of manufacturing issues including 8-D closures
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- 5 years experience in manufacturing environment, ideally in the Automotive industry
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing techniques & manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated knowledge & training in assembly controls, automation, mistake proofing techniques, & CNC programming
- Background/experience in quality basics such as statistical process control, capability studies,& gage R&R’s
- Experience conducting multidisciplinary teams
- Adept at interpreting mechanical drawings & basic use of CAD systems
- Knowledge of machinery functions (hydraulic, electrical, mechanical operations)
- Understanding of finished & component parts functions
- Application of capital procurement policies & procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer operating systems, languages, hardware interfacing
- Advanced English at a conversational level required
- Green Belt (Six Sigma) would be a plus
- Knowledge and compliance with the standards that rules the IATF16949
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to train operators to use proper methods, write work instructions, define setup techniques, maintain equipment PM’s & track OEE
- Actively participate in continuous improvement programs
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No