Eaton’s Industrial Controls division is currently seeking a Senior Technical Support Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Watertown, WI or Menomonee Falls, WI facility.
Eaton Corporation’s Industrial and Control Division, (ICD) has an opening for a Senior Variable Frequency Drives Technical Support Engineer located in Watertown, WI to provide technical support to our internal and external customers. This role provides support to our customers through various channels including phone, email, FAQs and technical documentation creation as well as assists with start-up, programming, troubleshooting and repair of Eaton’s VFD products. The Senior Variable Frequency Drives Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for providing team leadership, training new TRC analysts, developing tools for all TRC analysts to use, developing standard work processes, and maintaining an efficient and accessible resource database. The TRC team also provides general technical support for VFD product line projects.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide verbal and written technical support for both internal and external customers
- You will support product line objectives through product and application analysis and literature review
- You will use database to convey field and claim information throughout product line
- You will develop new tools, standard work processes and maintain easily accessible database of resources
- You will update and create technical documentation relating to technical customer support of Eaton’s variable frequency drives
- You will balance work time between product line objectives and supporting TRC
- You will lead and coordinate TRC analyst projects as well as ensuring coverage with out-of-office scheduling
- You will review CQMs for technical accuracy and spare parts required and work instructions
- You will support occasional quality investigations
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of experience with electrical/electromechanical products/systems.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Watertown, WI or Menomonee Falls, WI to be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future.
- Electronics/electrical/computer engineering or computer science degree
- Master’s Degree in technical Field
- Experience with Variable Frequency Drives or any other type of motor control unit
- Electrical automation technical knowledge (PLCs, communication protocols)
- Intermediate Computer skills (Basic level of experience with Microsoft Outlook, MFGPro, CRM systems and VISTA) Familiarity with electrical engineering test equipment (oscilloscopes, power supplies, function generators)
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Ability to work flexible hours (Drives TRC standard hours are 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM; remote phone support required on a rotating basis nights and weekends)
- Must have excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritize
- Ability to work independently
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No