Senior Pricing Analyst
- You will provide product price research, examination and program development for short-term and long-term price management strategies in support of sales and profit goals.
- You will contribute to all aspects of customer bids/RFPs by performing strategic pricing analysis and overall profitability analysis of the business opportunity for all customer segments.
- You will develop complex price quotations (beyond established guidelines) and/or price discount programs by performing analysis of cost information, competitive pricing and profitability. Consults with Sales, Customer Service, Product Management, plant personnel and external customers when needed.
- You will support and contribute to various sales and marketing strategies involving new product pricing, price modifications to existing products, and implementation of new price programs and new business practices
- You will be responsible for performing ad hoc margin and sales analysis to support various business needs and strategies. Analyzes average gross selling price by product for the forecasting process .
- You will plan and execute list and net prices, including goal setting, timeline management and stakeholder communications. Creates monthly financial forecasts of the impact of pricing actions and communicates forecast to upper management.
- You will manage continuous improvement initiatives providing process documentation, cross functional team participation and coordination of information technology system updates and conversions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of pricing and/or business analytical experience required.
- Ability to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN to be considered.
- Master’s degree in economics or business administration from an accredited institute
- Preferred three (3) to five (5) years of pricing and/or business analytical and/or financial analyst experience
- Experience using Big Data Tools (Power BI) is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects that involve communication and reporting to multiple groups.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and negotiate solutions with individuals that may have differing goals and strong opinions.
- Hydraulics business knowledge to understand costing, customer value analysis and in-depth knowledge of ERPs and Siebel applications.
- Key Competencies: Mathematical Aptitude, Financial and Business Acumen, Problem Solving, Self-Management, Teamwork, Interpersonal Communications, Overall Analytical Skills, Intellectual Rigor, Initiative, Market & Customer Knowledge
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time