Senior Lab Technician
Eaton’s Lighting division is currently seeking a Senior Lab Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree, GA facility.
The Senior Lab Technician is responsible for setting up and performing electrical, mechanical and thermal tests, maintaining accurate records and working with product engineers and compliance engineers to validate product safety for new Eaton Lighting products. In this role you will be using certified calibrated equipment in temperature-controlled environments to ensure accuracy and repeatability of test results.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be responsible for setting up and performing electrical, mechanical, and thermal tests, within company safety guidelines in accordance to various testing procedures including ANSI, IES, NIST, Underwriter’s Laboratory, Canadian Standard Association, and NOM.
- You will maintain accurate records and write reports for these tests establishing test objectives, results, conclusions, observations, and recommendations.
- You will work with engineering and lab personnel including solving proof of concept validation issues, compliance to standards, and assisting in developing research and component validation roadmaps.
- You will comply
with Company practices for patent protection.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years experience of working with electronics, wiring simple circuits, fabricating and/or assembling mechanical/electrical devices, or electro-mechanical testing experience
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Peachtree, GA will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Associate Degree in electronics or technology/ Military Equivalent electronics school
Ability to use multiple software packages efficiently including Sharepoint, MS ACCESS database, and unique testing software
Equivalent to 5+ years related test and/or laboratory experience, providing familiarity with development laboratory work
- Working knowledge of LED’s, electronic controls, and power electronics
- Familiarity with Cooper Lighting product lines
- Experience with optical lab equipment such as integrating spheres, data collection and analysis software used in completing optical performance reports, and use of a goniophotometer preferred
- Experience working in an A2LA or NVLAP accredited laboratory environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No