Assembler - 3rd Shift
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking Assemblers to join our third shift team. This position is based at our Arden, NC facility.
The Assembler is responsible for performing assembly, complex and repetitive wiring, and to produce complete sub-assemblies, and final assembly of control equipment. Checks electrical / mechanical performance of completed assemblies.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work from drawings, engineering specifications, and manufacturing information to complete assembly and wiring of control equipment.
- You will determine necessary parts and material, and prepares requisition to obtain parts and material from stock.
- You will prepare wire for assembly by cutting, stripping, and attaching terminals.
- You will lay out, assemblies, wires, adjusts, fits and modifies parts, components, and sub-assemblies to form completed control assembly.
- You will require lifting, bending, ladder work and other forms of movement.
- You will check electrical / mechanical performance of completed assemblies to ensure conformance to Asheville Plant quality standards, and makes necessary adjustments and alignment when required.
- You will execute engineering and customer changes and makes repairs as required.
- You will report irregularities or equipment malfunctions to coach.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Arden, NC will be considered
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the job
- Able to read blue prints
- Proven history of safe work habits
- Must be able to work effectively without direct supervision
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office, Internet, etc.
- Must be able to work overtime – weekdays and weekends
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No