Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a Receiving Clerk on 1st shift to join our team. The position is based at our Aurora, CO facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- Examine receiving contents and compare with records such as packing slips/BOLs or orders to verify accuracy
- Record receiving data, such as, damages, or discrepancies for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes
- Prepare documents, such as end of day summary report, discrepancy report, LX03
- Accurately read, pick, and verify documents of incoming shipments
- Operate manual and automated wrapping and strapping machines
- Unload incoming shipments, deliver or route materials to departments/warehouse using pallet jacks or forklifts to sustain flow of material throughout the plant
- Requisition, and store receiving materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock
- Scan barcodes on boxes, print out receiving labels and placards
- Manage BOLs, packing slips, and store in filing area (paperwork management)
- Ensure incoming shipments are received systematically and put away to the warehouse by end business day
- Check, and update expedited material status and inform function groups
- Work with different function groups to insure incoming discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure non-employees are adhering to all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform warehouse responsibilities which can include but not limited to audits, consolidation, put away
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School education or equivalent (i.e., diploma or GED) required from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the US without Company sponsorship
- Minimum of 6 months experience in warehousing and/or manufacturing experienced required
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Aurora will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Responsible for following all safety policies and procedures, wearing proper personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Responsible for behavior based safety (BBS) and near miss procedures, following Universal Waste procedures and MSDS: spill response, spill prevention.
- General cleaning of shop areas and personal 5S/industrial housekeeping responsibility.
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- Enters into the computer complete, information as required
- Notifies the supervisor of all problems and works with all departments as needed.
- Accepts other duties as assigned
- Able to stand on feet continuously during working shift.
- Able to lift 25 pounds consistently without assistance, 75 pounds occasionally with assistance
- Repetitive wrist, elbow and arm movement continuously throughout the work day
- Must be able to wear required PPE as required by company policy and procedure
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends with advanced notice
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team oriented environment
- Attention to detail and adaptability
- Ability to communicate effectively in w
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining safety and quality priorities.
- Ability to perform all job functions in adherence to Eaton’s philosophy and values, policies as well as the Environmental, Health and Safety standards
- Prior receiving or warehouse experience and knowledge
- One (1) year of receiving or warehouse experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No